Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Would you donate to Meals on Wheels if all taxpayer funding for it was cut?   The Social You: Interactive

Started 3/19/17 by Cstar1; 544 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

3/19/17

Would you donate to Meals on Wheels if all taxpayer funding for it was cut?
  • Yes13  votes
    59%
  • No3  votes
    13%
  • Other6  votes
    27%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
ANNMTM

3/19/17

This is a line from a whole article, but it sums up how I feel about this administration and the Republican party in general:

"societies die when cruelty masquerades as common sense"

As one of them has already said publicly, Congress does the budget  We'll see just how bad they are in reality.

• Edited March 19, 2017 9:04 pm  by  ANNMTM
WWW3

3/20/17

Other - it would depend on what other programs were cut at the same time. that I might want to support. I wish I could support them all, but....

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1
Host

3/20/17

WWW3 said:

I wish I could support them all, but...

Which we CAN... when we support them through our taxes. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cstar1
Host

3/20/17

ANNMTM said:

"societies die when cruelty masquerades as common sense"

Indeed!

BWArtist

3/20/17

Money for the  new border wall will have to come from somewhere. I heard on NPR this morning that the president's ideal wall barrier is 30 foot high. Absurdity draws more Absurdity.

If I was actually going to try to help improve MoW, I would Incorporate the Dept. of Agriculture in developing a Meals on Wheels network program for all these new urban farms that are showing up nowadays. Meals on Wheels is a hands on community based effort. To me ,it would be better to build on what young people are doing with sustainable agriculture on a local basis as well. Unify local solutions and build  relationships to strengthen an already proven humanitarian  effort.

Then again , I'm not well versed in understanding Trumpanese.

• Edited March 20, 2017 1:09 pm  by  BWArtist
In reply toRe: msg 5
ANNMTM

3/20/17

The author  "Moustafa Bayoumi is an award-winning writer, and associate professor of English at Brooklyn College, City University of New York". From the US edition of The Guardian.

The article was about the handshaking crap, but that line from it really resonated with me.

• Edited March 20, 2017 5:45 pm  by  ANNMTM
In reply toRe: msg 4
ANNMTM

3/20/17

Exactly. My theory has always been that I willingly pay higher taxes when at least those taxes support people in need. There but for fortune (i.e fate)...

Remember Bush 1's "thousand points of light"? Individuals can't handle the need.

ghost (DENNIS4927)

3/20/17

My mother who is 87 and my wife's mother who is 82 both hate the meals they get. My mom has to pay for hers she gets $900.00 a month on SSI

They are not worth the $$$ they charge her

BWArtist

3/20/17

Commodities go up and down and I'm sure the quality and price are forced to reflect in the food when it happens.

For a lot of elderly it's not only the food, but a short visit with a real person to look forward to.

Shutting down Meals on Wheels is close to harassing nursing homes.

• Edited March 20, 2017 7:42 pm  by  BWArtist