Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should DACA recipients be deported?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Sep-5 by Cstar1; 531 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Sep-5

Should DACA recipients be deported?
  • Yes4  votes
    21%
  • No12  votes
    63%
  • Other3  votes
    15%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Cstar1
Host

Sep-5

In reply toRe: msg 2
ghost (DENNIS4927)

Sep-5

Im torn on this one. Depending on how long their parents have been here. Have they filed for citizenship then yrs they should stay or if they have some kind of visa student working or whatever then yrs let the family stay. But the word illegal keeps poping up and thats where I have the problem. You have some that have been here for years but haven't lifted a finger to even try to become legal. I jyst don't know anymore. Dammed if we do and dammed if we dont 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1
Host

Sep-6

BWArtist

Sep-6

<Dammed if we do and dammed if we dont >

It's a no brainer. Majority of these kids are good hardworking kids that need to be shown  some respect for how we wish other  young Americans would conduct themselves.  Sending them to a strange place with few family ties left is  abusive dysfunctional behavior from a government. Many of these folks entered the country in an undocumented womb. It's getting ridiculous.

Positions that divide and disregard human value, are of no value. The majority of Republicans want to keep these young people here. Many are fully capable to help rebuild Houston .

In reply toRe: msg 4
ANNMTM

Sep-6

I would not have expected that. Good to know.

ghost (DENNIS4927)

Sep-7

If they were born on American soil then they should have mnothing to worry as by law they are American at least in my book. If they are say in collages then they are over they age off 18 and therefore should be starting the process of becoming A citizen. Why didn't the parents start the process 

ANNMTM

Sep-7

No Dreamer was born here, that's the point. They were brought as children. Without amnesty of some sort, they are subject to deportation. There is no starting the citizenship process for them-they are illegals, through no choice of their own. Most have been here so long they are American in every way, no knowledge of their birthplace. 

The statistics I have seen say 91% are employed. If they are employed, they are paying taxes. 

I forget how many Canadians I just read are here illegally. Have you heard anything about them being hunted down and deported? This is ethnic/racial.

Unmitigated, unnecessary cruelty driven by racism.