Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A category 4 or 5 hurricane is on its way. Do you evacuate?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Sep-6 by Cstar1; 354 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Sep-6

A category 4 or 5 hurricane is on its way. Do you evacuate?
  • Yes12  votes
    80%
  • No2  votes
    13%
  • Other1  vote
    6%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
BWArtist

Sep-6

Seen a Florida Keys resident state that she stayed through most of the severe storms to date. Including Andrew. She is evacuating from the potential of Irma.

ANNMTM

Sep-6

I would definitely run away from hurricanes!

me (DENNIS4927)

Sep-7

I went through. 3 and it was scary as hell.

Cstar1
Host

Sep-8

Irma will probably be reduced to a cat 3 storm by the time she hits, but she's almost twice as large in area as Andrew.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Sep-9

As in many things, IT DEPENDS.

Living in the Keys or in a swampy bay or shoreline area, leaving is a very good idea.  Wonder how many Miccosukee or Seminole Indians left the swamp to avoid the storm (some live in the area of inner Ft Lauderdale, some south and west of Lake Okeechobee)?

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Sep-9

Andrew had little real effect on the Keys, played Hell with Homestead.

In reply toRe: msg 2
YWN666

Sep-25

With a hurricane as serious as those that have visited in September, I see no reason not to evacuate to safety. Some who choose to stay behind are being asked to write their Social Security Number on their arm in magic marker to make it easier to identify bodies that are pulled from the wreckage.  That alone should convince you to leave.