Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will you benefit from the new tax cut bill the Senate passed last night?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Dec-2 by Cstar1; 250 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Dec-2

Will you benefit from the new tax cut bill the Senate passed last night?
  • Yes4  votes
    22%
  • No9  votes
    50%
  • I don't know5  votes
    27%
Yes 
No 
I don't know 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Song~ (_Song_)

Dec-2

Sorta?

If it's a straight up yes or no I'd have to say yes. If it's yes in any meaningful way...then no not really.

ANNMTM

Dec-3

Other:  Not for long.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1
Host

Dec-3

ANNMTM said:

Not for long.

That may be the answer for many.

Though I am concerned about the loss of deductions, like for state and local income taxes, medical expenses, and the graduate student tuition wavers. 

But by golly, at least we can still deduct our aircraft maintenance and private pilots salaries!

In reply toRe: msg 4
ANNMTM

Dec-3

What the hell happened? McCain refused to vote for a less bad bill under Bush! I feel like they just f***** 90 % of the population.

Who are these people? Does  Collins *really* believe any promise they make to a *woman* who *betrayed* them as far as they are concerned?

I am terrified for this country. I hope there is a next election, to be honest.

Please tell me I worry for nothing.

ButchG

Dec-5

Even though it hasn't been implemented, yet, I am now benefiting from it. Immensely, both in the stock market as well as other things that are now nicely falling into place.

When dealt a lemon, make lemonade out of it, but, when given a golden goose like President Trump, reap the rewards. They are many, for those who have eyes to see, and ears to understand. Unfortunately, most folks will have no idea what I'm talking about. 

There are winners and there are losers in this life. Each individual has been given by God, the choice to which one they want to be. Choose wisely. Only one life to live and it goes by fast, then comes the judgement.

In reply toRe: msg 6
ANNMTM

Dec-5

There are no words...

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cstar1
Host

Dec-6

ANNMTM said:

Does  Collins *really* believe any promise they make to a *woman* who *betrayed* them as far as they are concerned?

It's sort of hard to believe that she fell for their promises.

Things ebb and flow. They'll get better. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cstar1
Host

Dec-6

ButchG said:

Unfortunately, most folks will have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Then why not explain, instead of being cryptic?

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Dec-6

I don't know but I don't think I make enough at just under $75,000 to make a difference, no local or state tax exemptions, no mortgage deductions, no health care costs and the like.  I don't own odd or investment income nor can I deduct losses or uniform costs and the like, I have been a 1040EZ filer for years.   Funny thing, if you play it close to the vest and do not get seriously in debt and owe, owe, owe, you really do not have the opportunity to play with income tax benefits.