Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 2/12/18 by Cstar1; 4793 views.
me (DENNIS4927)

2/16/18

She was 15 back then it was pretty much up to the guy to Bring protection. I don't know it's a catch 22  damn if you do and damn if you don't 

Cstar1
Host

2/16/18

me (DENNIS4927) said:

back then it was pretty much up to the guy to Bring protection.

Which you got over the counter, right?

Why should a woman be any less easily able to protect herself?

me (DENNIS4927)

2/16/18

Actually no got them out of a machine in the men's bathroom at the bowling ally.

Cstar1
Host

2/16/18

So.... Why not make it that easy for women?

me (DENNIS4927)

2/17/18

What is a teenager went in and bought generic brand of pills with out her parents or doctor ok. She takes them and is Allergic to one of the drugs involved in making the pill and them dies. I know it wuld be rare but it could happen. They could get some knock off from china where they don't have to follow our FDA rules.
Cstar1
Host

2/17/18

What if a teenager buys some cold medicine, has an allergic reaction and dies?

How is this any different?

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

2/17/18

It greatly mattered what state you were in, some restricted rubbers to registry purchases from a pharmacist or on a doctor's order.

me (DENNIS4927)

2/17/18

I dont know where you are other than Colorado. But up here certian cold remedies you have to be 18+ to buy them . I would prefer a parent or a doctors note to be involved. I am just a concerned Grandparent not saying your not. Like I said i'm still old fashion and set in my ways when it comes to the health and wellfare of our kids and grandkids all 18 of them (:>}
Cstar1
Host

2/17/18

I get it Dennis. I know you're just telling me how you feel. But what I don't get, is why it was ok for you to prevent a pregnancy when you were 14, but it wouldn't be ok for a girl to do the same. Without someone else's permission.

Showtalk

2/17/18

There should be health monitoring for high blood pressure and other potential hazards.  Maybe a nurse?  Or even the pharmacist, but it should be included.