Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 2/12/18 by Cstar1; 2531 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Oct-3

My friends 12 year old daughter is 4 months pregnant~he had no clue she was even sexually active. IF she would have been able to purchase birth control over the counter she would have done so because she had big dreams and goals of what she wanted to do when she grew up.  This question just shows what this world has come to in our life time. The reality of it is the children are now giving birth to their own children and parents and the rest of us are paying for it one way or the other. Is it right? I sure don't agree with it but it is REALITY. You can teach a child but that child is going to make their own decisions good or bad and there is nothing that anyone can do to stop that. Everyone thought sex education in the schools would help~ it didn't work~ children just keep having children earlier and earlier. Hopefully these children's PARENTS notice their daughter is pregnant  soon enough to start prenatal care for the innocent life inside before it is harmed.  Regardless of the outcome everyone has LOST and will continue to lose in these situations. IMO

Sassy

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-3

This is an old discussion, so I’m not sure anyone remembers exactly what was going on at the time.  I don’t because I wasn’t here.  Why is a 12 year old given so much freedom her parents didn’t even know she had a boyfriend, much less was having sex?  At 12, my kids didn’t go anywhere I didn’t know about.  Parents give children way too much freedom and too little supervision. If a child that age is already defying parents’ wishes, they don’t have a very good relationship.