Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 2/12/18 by Cstar1; 4066 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Nov-24

Parents are divorced, they lived in different cities~ Father has visitation all summer, phone calls weekly, visitation every other weekend.

I agree! When mine where 16, I still knew where they where and what they where doing~ ( Regardless of what they told me, I was a great detective. lol )

How times have changed since then! Parents have forgotten what they "should" be doing as "Parents".

Now it's all about how much you can "GIVE" your children! Everyone works as much as they can to bring home that money.  Just so they can "BUY" their children what they "WANT" verses teaching them what they "NEED" to learn in order to be productive, kind, loving,  caring, human beings that are "successful" in life & living in this world we have left them.

Of course that's simply my thoughts on the topic for what that's worth. I raised 5 children  however those where different times when Family's had sit down meals, and children played outside with friends and used their imaginations instead of staying glued to the TV, Video games or on their Cell Phones 24 X 7.

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-24

I was always glued to my computer since I worked on it from home about half the time, so I can’t blame that.  Otherwise, I agree with you. I noticed the children who got into the worst trouble in their early teen years had absent parents. They were either working all the time, or they decided at age 12-13 that their children were old enough to not need supervision. Several teens I knew were in rehab but age 15-16 due to extreme substance abuse or for committing crimes and sent there by the courts.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Dec-4

these days children are left on their own much younger than 12-13. It's pretty common NOW in our town at least for very small children (6, 7,  8,  9, 10, 11, 12, ) to be left for several hours unattended! We live in a small town but things happen even in small towns! Some parents leave them alone before and after school for several hours so they can get to work on time or their shifts don't end for several hours AFTER their children get home from school. Sorry but you shouldn't have children if you can't do whats required of a parent. Not in this day especially! Back when we where young children where raised by their parents extended family and the entire town watched over them. Sadly we don't have that kind of environment to raise children in now. Most family's are scattered across the country and only gather on holidays, towns have grown and few even know their neighbors much less trust them with their children. No one looks out for anyone these days, sad state of affairs but its what we live in now.

Showtalk
Staff

Dec-4

It’s very sad. It’s also dangerous for young children who are home alone.