Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you tip on take out orders?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Feb-13 by Cstar1; 275 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Feb-13

Do you tip on take out orders?
  • Yes3  votes
    18%
  • No10  votes
    62%
  • Other3  votes
    18%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Cstar1
Host

Feb-13

In reply toRe: msg 2
ANNMTM

Feb-13

I never used to, but then my daughter worked in a restaurant. Now I do, but not at the same level as regular service.

BWArtist

Feb-13

I used to frequent a deli that understood I needed my foot long sub to last me through out my day. Ordering my sandwich early in the morning required special requests such as applying dressings in containers later on. Anyway you build a rapport with service staff. You respect the people that serve you and in return they continually want to perform well for you.

So then I ask how the tip jar is divided up and if their bosses rule on it's division is alright with them, I add a couple bucks to the jar each time I place an order.

As for this current Florida event, disregarding the extra labor that was involved with this transaction, is a good way to get someone to spit in your sandwich the next time you walk  in.All the while in the belief that the owner appreciates your business. That's all that matters right??? Wrong!

WWW3

Feb-14

I can't remember the last time I ordered take-out. I tip when I order delivery and I tip 20% (cash) when I eat at a restaurant.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-16

Rarely, the attitude of most fast food places is so abysmal that tipping is more a place in China, much less for throwing stuff in a bag with the fries upside down and the magic sauce leaking.  Delis and other sort of specialty places, somewhat different rules as take out is a significant part of their trade.

Msg 3762.7 deleted
Showtalk

Feb-17

No to fast food, yes to counter take out service if they have a tip container.  Not a lot since tipping is usually based on someone spending up to an hour waiting on my needs. A counter worker can serve 20 or more people in the time a table server takes care of a few tables,

Marci (marcinmin)

Feb-18

usually not, if it is a drive through fast food type place. I do add a tip when I order ahead and pick something up, e.g. Applebee's

ANNMTM

Feb-18

The same goes for me.