Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should politicians who take money from the NRA be voted out of office?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Mar-25 by Cstar1; 740 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Mar-25

Should politicians who take money from the NRA be voted out of office?
  • Yes11  votes
    36%
  • No16  votes
    53%
  • Other3  votes
    10%
Yes 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
me (DENNIS4927)

Mar-25

Why? if you tell them they can't take money from supporters then you have to Take away all moneies from all politicians who take money from everybody. Can't do it to one group and not the others.
In reply toRe: msg 2
WWW3

Mar-26

I voted "Other" - 

?1. While accepting contributions from the NRA would certainly be one of the factors I consider when voting for a candidate, my main criteria would be, "Does this candidate support overall the same views I do?" 
2. We drastically need major campaign finance reform so that politicians can't be bought by any individual or group special interests.

Cstar1
Host

Mar-26

me (DENNIS4927) said:

Can't do it to one group and not the others.

Sure you can. It's not a matter of law, it's a matter of conscience. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1
Host

Mar-26

Yes, to both of your points.

In reply toRe: msg 4
me (DENNIS4927)

Mar-26

So if a Candidate takes money from the tobacco industry that's ok even though it's proven to cause cancer, or the
Alcohol Industry that's Kills more people than guns do that's ok. What's good for one should be for the other
In reply toRe: msg 3
me (DENNIS4927)

Mar-26

I agree on both points
Cstar1
Host

Mar-27

me (DENNIS4927) said:

So if a Candidate takes money from the tobacco industry that's ok even though it's proven to cause cancer, or the Alcohol Industry that's Kills more people than guns do that's ok.

Who said it was ok? I sure didn't. 

Msg 3775.9 deleted
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Mar-27

Is it the individuals who get the money or the party?

The NRA represents the people in the NRA. Voters. People supporting their interpretation of the constitution, yes. As long as the court agrees with that interpretation it is what it is. Don't blame the politicians, blame the Supreme Court.