Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will the Democrats take the majority in the House of Representatives in Tuesday'   The Serious You: Politics

Started Nov-4 by Cstar1; 335 views.
Cstar1

Poll Question From Cstar1

Nov-4

Will the Democrats take the majority in the House of Representatives in Tuesday's election?
  • Yes12  votes
    66%
  • No6  votes
    33%
In reply toRe: msg 1
ANNMTM

Nov-7

That answers that...

In reply toRe: msg 2
me (DENNIS4927)

Nov-7

How many did they Pick up. I went to bed and I haven't turned the TV on this morning. The only thing I worry about is that Maxine Waters want to be in charge of the Financial Services Committee.
Cstar1
Host

Nov-7

The Democrats needed 218 seats to take the House - they got 220. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-house-elections.html

And yes, Maxine Waters is now Chairwoman of the Financial Services Committee.

In reply toRe: msg 1
me (DENNIS4927)

Nov-7

The Democrats won both seats here and both our senators are Democrats but the Governor is still a Republican.
In reply toRe: msg 4
ANNMTM

Nov-7

222 and a bunch are still to be determined, but mostly leaning red, some blue (in CA, anyway). Not sure about anywhere else. Picked up seven governors, also.

Lost two Senate seats. Arizona and Florida still too close to call, R slightly ahead in both. Flipped Nevada Senate seat to Dem.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cstar1
Host

Nov-7

I was sad that Nunes won his race. That's one of two reps that definitely should have been dumped! 

In reply toRe: msg 7
ANNMTM

Nov-7

Oh, I know! But now he will have to watch how an investigation should be conducted. I'm going to enjoy that.

Who is the other for you?

ANNMTM

Nov-7

Well, as I understand it, she will be.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-8

ANNMTM said:

Who is the other for you?

Steven King, the white supremacist.

The two Republicans that are under indictment will get taken care of that way. Though it's pretty ridiculous that people voted them back in, given the indictments.