Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Timeless Classic Movies   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started Aug-23 by Carol Ann (Knit_Chat); 1484 views.
YWN666

Oct-3

My 2 favorites are Forbidden Planet and War of the Worlds (the original) .

Here is another bit of trivia - the set used to film Altaira's garden (in Forbiden Planet) was the same set used for Munchkinland in the Wizard of Oz.

• Edited October 6, 2019 9:44 am  by  YWN666
Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Oct-6

That is interesting trivia. Thanks. I like those movies myself. I have the original radio broadcast of The War of the Worlds. Fun stuff.

YWN666

Oct-6

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat) said:

I have the original radio broadcast of The War of the Worlds.

It's amazing how a radio broadcast could cause so much hysteria.  Back in the 80s there was a TV movie called "Special Bulletin" that was about terrorists and a nuclear device and it was done in the style of a live broadcast and even though they put warnings  before and after commercial breaks (the commercials alone should have been a dead giveaway), there were still a number of people who thought it was real and panicked.

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Oct-8

I didn't see that one.

Probably because I was busy raising kids and all their after school activities. Being a scout leader, PTA president, involved in my church's activities, local politics, so for me in the 80s, there was little time for television. When the kids went to bed, I did too. [some of the time] LOL.