Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Has legalizing marijuana been positive for the states that allow it?   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started Aug-25 by Showtalk; 363 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Aug-25

Has legalizing marijuana been positive for the states that allow it?
  • Yes9  votes
    33%
  • No9  votes
    33%
  • Maybe3  votes
    11%
  • I don't know5  votes
    18%
  • Other1  vote
    3%
Yes 
No 
Maybe 
I don't know 
Other 
BWArtist

Aug-27

It's a mixed bag.

Teen usage did not jump up .

But highway fatalities show more use in the blood tests.

Organized crime buy houses in the suburbs for illegal grows.

Cannabis taxes build much needed new roofs on neighborhood public schools.

Here is a good article on the subject..

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/26/colorado-marijuana-impact-report/

kizmet1

Aug-27

Just more money for state to spend but the legal (pot) and illegal drug using homeless population is also growing.  

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-28

Driving worries me the most. People now understand that drinking and driving is dangerous, but I don’t know if they understand and follow rules about not driving when impaired.  They don’t think they are unable to drive the way they do with alcohol.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-28

Homelessness is so complicated to fix.  It makes sense there would be increased drug use among that population.

Ninee

Aug-28

California is allowing far too much 'stuff'...

I live in LA County and our town is in the process of allowing two actual locations to sell, and I think four locations as labs to grow and prepare it for sale...

Until this is a done deal, the local police keep busting illegal pot shops around town...

I am undecided if it would be a good thing or not... I agree that it is likely helpful for those who use it medicinally, but there are far too many who use it for recreational purposes... there are enough drug addicts, alcoholics and mentally ill people on the streets so we don't need to help the problems by allowing anyone to buy pot...

In reply toRe: msg 6
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-28

That ship has already left the dock.  All they can do now is try to regulate as much as possible.  They are also letting people out of jail for violent crimes because prior crimes can’t be admitted into evidence.  That is another poll!

Ninee

Aug-28

scares me to think what life will be like for our grandchildren. 

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-28

It’s a very different world today.  Children have so many more things to deal with than we did.

Msg 3884.10 deleted