Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you afraid of storms like Hurricane Dorian?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-6 by Showtalk; 392 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-6

I wasn’t thinking of the Bahamas when I wrote this poll,because I don’t think many or any members posting or voting here live there.  I was mostly referring to the U.S. where we get dire predictions from the news for days and then find out the storm missed one area and hit another, or ended up being much weaker when it hits the Southern or Eastern states. 

ANNMTM

Sep-7

I'm in California, so I would need to replace that with earthquakes. It is horrible to watch the destruction from afar. Terrifying!

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

Earthquakes are terrifying.  You can escape or weather a hurricane.  You can’t do much about an earthquake

ANNMTM

Sep-7

True. I've never had damage from one, but the 1989 quake shook my house pretty well and I knew that somewhere there had been a big one.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

Did you feel the recent one? It was big.

ANNMTM

Sep-7

Which one? Biggest near me was 4.2, yes did feel that. I'm thinking that's not what you mean.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

No, there was one inland.

ANNMTM

Sep-7

I didn't feel it, then. I've had a lot going on, so may have just forgotten. How big was it?

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

ANNMTM

Sep-7

lol, well, that will explain it. I'm in Norcal. Yeah, the south was rocking!