Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Was Trump wise to fire John Bolton?   The Serious You: Politics

Started 9/10/19 by Showtalk; 1713 views.
Showtalk
Staff

12/6/19

We only hear a fraction of what really goes on.

kizmet1

12/6/19

I totally agree. We should not hear a lot. We are not trained experts. It will all come out in books. Many, many books.
Showtalk
Staff

12/6/19

I hope so, eventually. We deserve to know.

kizmet1

12/7/19

Do we if it means exposing security? I am sorry Bolton is gone but I have to assume Trump knows something I do not. Others have been let go and they were not totally following orders. One man was upset because he lost his security clearance after being fired. That means that he would not make as much money as a consultant in private business.
Showtalk
Staff

12/7/19

They all go on to very cushy jobs after they leave an administration.  A friend’s son worked directly for Obama’s election team. After he left office, the son got a very nice job in private industry which he had no qualifications for, other than campaign work. Literally.  He’s a young man with a huge future due to politics.  I can’t say the name of the business, but it’s one everyone is familiar with.

kizmet1

12/7/19

I am sure it works out very well for most. I grew up thinking volunteers for campaigns were truly volunteers. Boy, I sure learned a lot later on.
Showtalk
Staff

12/7/19

People who sit in local offices are just volunteers. I did it a few times and was never offered a job. This person was a paid strategist with no prior experience other than a college degree.

kizmet1

12/7/19

Volunteering looks good on a resume'. A relative did it for a commissioner. He got a nice job out of it later on. Of course, he had an excellent package, starting with Eagle Scout, private boys school and a job in news. He did very well financially in his life but had 4 wives.
Showtalk
Staff

12/7/19

4 wives could be a deal breaker.

kizmet1

12/7/19

As far as I know, 4 has been a lucky number for him. His dad had 6.