Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do people take advantage of the use of support animals?   The Social You: Interactive

Started Sep-15 by Showtalk; 478 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-15

Do people take advantage of the use of support animals?
  • Yes, it's exploded10  votes
    50%
  • No, we are just hearing more about them4  votes
    20%
  • They should have more regulation5  votes
    25%
  • Other1  vote
    5%
Yes, it's exploded 
No, we are just hearing more about them 
They should have more regulation 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-15

BWArtist

Sep-16

Support animals and works of art are both subjective  in nature. Leave it to scientific data to decide what benefits general public health.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

In what way? Please explain what you mean.

BWArtist

Sep-16

Same experience with people that rationalize using a handicap parking spot without authorization to do so.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

Oh, I see.  I agree.

ANNMTM

Sep-17

I voted other as I feel that it has exploded *and* it needs more regulation.

Since no one is required to carry proof of whatever kind of animal they have, a lot of untrained pets are taken wherever their person wants to take them. Since most don't know that the law requires that a service animal be under control at all times (meaning actually trained), other people get bothered, bitten, have to smell or step in poop or pee.

Proof of a trained animal should be issued and carried (regulated).

So you know, if an animal is not under control, a business has the right to tell the person to take the animal outside. The business still has to serve the owner by bringing whatever out to them.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-17

People have the right to bring a service dog with them.  There are no rights for ESAs or emotional support animals.

Service dogs must be trained and must be under control of their handler. They perform tasks.  ESAs only have rights when it comes to housing but not public places.  They must be trained and under control but they don’t perform tasks.  

In reply toRe: msg 7
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-17

me (DENNIS4927)

Sep-18

I have a husky for Emotional Support. I have a letter from my doctor at the VA. I have PTSD and major depression.  She's been a god send for me.. Some people do take advantage of the system. There's a guy in Florida that has a alligator for a supporte animal