Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are YouTube channel owners responsible for accidents? (SNP)   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-20 by Showtalk; 178 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-20

Are YouTube channel owners responsible for accidents? (SNP)
  • Yes, even if their video was followed incorrectly0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, only if they promote dangerous activities4  votes
    26%
  • No, they can't be responsible for bad choices viewers make6  votes
    40%
  • I'm not sure5  votes
    33%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, even if their video was followed incorrectly 
Yes, only if they promote dangerous activities 
No, they can't be responsible for bad choices viewers make 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-20

BWArtist

Sep-20

For many  years,  I put in a lot of hours operating  industrial and agricultural equipment.Your skills are developed hands on and it's the only way you find balance and eventual expertise in operation. Over the years, I got a reputation for being the guy to call when the job was more dangerous than most would want to try.  When youtube was still fairly new,someone  wanted me to put on eye wear that included a small video camera to capture the thrill of more dangerous conditions in my equipment operation. I declined because my mental focus would be altered to  worry more about the entertainment value instead of maintaining the task to be safely done. Showboats sink fast.

I think youtube should have a special platform for these kind of clips . Informing the viewer  that all activities presented on this page are activities that have gone wrong in a dangerous way, for other viewers that have tried to apply the information. 

Just my opinion but I don't think using flammable materials in tall buildings is a good idea for posting on youtube. Stupid human tricks can show creativity , ingenuity along with the safety concerns as well.

If the insurance company that insures the building that this trick was performed in, found out about  the playing with fire for popcorn's sake, I'd expect a policy cancellation. 

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-20

She has 7.5 million viewers so she’s making a substantial amount of income.  YouTube likes active channels.  I’m a little shocked she would try something that dangerous, given that most of her ideas seem safe enough.  They put the alcohol in the can where she used it outside.  How did a 14 year old not know to avoid playing with fire, even if she saw it on YouTube?

BWArtist

Sep-23

Alcohol is a cooler burning fuel.  It makes you  wonder  if you warn somebody about playing with fire,do they understand what that means nowadays? When you watch fire on youtube you don't feel the heat.

The information age is suppose to enable human beings to mentally process more and advance further than ever before. Unfortunately, a lot on the web is to primarily entertain or reaffirm established opinions and prejudices.

Think I'll go to youtube now and watch the  people that like to jump off cliffs and fly down mountains.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

They were children. 12 and 14, but still not responsible adults.  I wonder, too, though.