Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

We owe it to our homeless to get them off the streets (SNP)   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-30 by Showtalk; 966 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-30

We owe it to our homeless to get them off the streets (SNP)
  • Yes we do3  votes
    16%
  • We need to do what we can but so do they14  votes
    77%
  • No, it's not our responsibility1  vote
    5%
  • The government should be in charge of the homeless0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes we do 
We need to do what we can but so do they 
No, it's not our responsibility 
The government should be in charge of the homeless 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-30

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-30

This story went viral because of her talent and beauty, but what about an ordinary person who ends up on the street and is ignored? A woman I know spends her life trying to eradicate homelessness in her local big city.  So far she is losing the battle.  Who is responsible?

ANNMTM

Oct-1

What is SNP?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

See Next Post

ANNMTM

Oct-1

I wavered between the first two, went with #1.  Some just can't, for various reasons, chief among them total lack of resources, incapacitating mental illness. Those that can, of course they should be part of the solution.

Frankly, I sure as hell don't want it left to the current administration. Paraphrasing Trump, they make nice places look bad. Not the angle from which I want to see the problem worked.

I can't see it solved by private sources alone. Government must be involved, city, state federal.

Ref for Trump on the homeless:

When Trump complained to reporters before a fundraiser in Silicon Valley that unhoused people are living on the "best highways, our best streets, our best entrances to buildings… where people in those buildings pay tremendous taxes, where they went to those locations because of the prestige"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-homeless-people-hurt-the-prestige-of-los-angeles-san-francisco/2019/09/17/71e71b9e-d982-11e9-ac63-3016711543fe_story.html

• Edited October 1, 2019 5:36 pm  by  ANNMTM
In reply toRe: msg 7
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

Did you read the book by Steve Lopez called The Soloist?  It’s a true story of a world class violinist who became homeless and how difficult it was to get him off the street.

I like writing polls but it’s challenging to select the right words to cover each possibly option.

• Edited October 1, 2019 3:46 pm  by  Showtalk
ANNMTM

Oct-1

I think you've done very well.

Sorry I haven't been any help.

No, I haven't read that.  If the stat about most average families are $400 away from homelessness, it's amazing the problem isn't far worse.

• Edited October 1, 2019 4:55 pm  by  ANNMTM
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

I can’t figure out why people are so close to being homeless if they have jobs. I can understand if they don’t, but there are so many resources for people in poverty, they should use them before it gets to that.