Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Random Acts of Pizza (read article)   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Oct-4 by Showtalk; 373 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-4

Random Acts of Pizza (read article)
  • This mistake had the best outcome4  votes
    40%
  • I would never make a dialing mistake like that (between countries)1  vote
    10%
  • More people should do this kind of thing intentionally1  vote
    10%
  • I don't see the "news" value of this story0  votes
    0%
  • Everyone should occasionally pay it forward4  votes
    40%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
This mistake had the best outcome 
I would never make a dialing mistake like that (between countries) 
More people should do this kind of thing intentionally 
I don't see the "news" value of this story 
Everyone should occasionally pay it forward 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

How does someone in Canada dial the U.S. by mistake?

BWArtist

Oct-4

The local restaurant might have been on speed dial and someone changed that number as a joke. Anyway, Pizza for Peace!

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

It had a good outcome.  I didn’t think of that, a firehouse prank.

YWN666

Oct-11

Speaking of paying it forward, I have a friend who was in a restaurant with his daughters after having received devastating news about his wife's health in the hospital next door.  They cried a lot and when he got up to pay his bill, another customer in the restaurant anonymously paid their tab.  They cried even more after that.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-11

Generosity like that can make a huge difference in peoples’ lives.

YWN666

Oct-12

My family and I have tried to practice Random Acts of Kindness when the opportunity presents itself.  Some years ago, I did the same thing for a cute elderly couple in a restaurant.  I can't say it was completely selfless.  The look on their faces made me feel good, too.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-12

It’s even better when it makes everyone feel good. About ten years ago a friend started a type of charity where she gathered a group of people together monthly to gather very meaningful items for people who were not homeless but were going through a very difficult time in their lives, usually involving a very serious loss of another person or health or something that could ruin lives. She moved away and suddenly there was no one left to run it so it was given to me. I’ve been doing that ever since.  I don't always get to meet the people we provide for.  Usually someone else distributes.  But we get cards and sometimes pictures.  It is one of the most impactful things I’ve ever done.

YWN666

Oct-13

I ran across an organization called "Suspended Coffees" that promotes the idea of helping those who might not be able to afford something as simple as a cup of coffee - something most of us take for granted.  The organization enlists the participation of coffee shops/restaurants to allow customers to buy a coffee for themselves and a "suspended coffee" for someone less fortunate who can walk in and ask for a suspended coffee. and it goes way beyond coffee - it's about being kind and helping out the less fortunate.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-13

What a great idea!  Thank you for doing that.  I looked at the list and there isn’t one anywhere near me.  Although I don’t know how anyone can afford a daily Starbucks.  $4-5 for a drink?