Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think of Mitt Romney as Pierre Delecto on Twitter?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Oct-21 by Showtalk; 303 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-21

What do you think of Mitt Romney as Pierre Delecto on Twitter?
  • He is going after Trump so Go Mitt!1  vote
    9%
  • I don't care what Mitt does4  votes
    36%
  • I hate it that Romney is going after his own side4  votes
    36%
  • This is fake news0  votes
    0%
  • I haven't heard anything about it0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    18%
He is going after Trump so Go Mitt! 
I don't care what Mitt does 
I hate it that Romney is going after his own side 
This is fake news 
I haven't heard anything about it 
Other 
WWW3
Staff

Oct-22

I think the Pierre Delecto persona is funny, but I also think Mitt needs to by the public face of the Republican Resistance to 45. He has nothing to lose and the country has a lot to gain.

ANNMTM

Oct-22

I was surprised, actually. Didn't seem the type to me but anything that annoys Trump is amusing.

I'm glad he's speaking out publicly, more important than Twitter stuff.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-22

It may have worked when it was unknown but now it’s lost its effectiveness.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-22

It’s funny but also really weird.

BWArtist

Oct-22

That alias name sounds like something his wife dreamed up. Her and her fancy prance horses.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

A horse name?  Poor horse! You didn’t like fancy horses?

ANNMTM

Oct-23

I can't speak for BW, but I know I don't like fancy people (Mrs. Mitt) who are so tone deaf that they will say, in an interview, that she and Mitt were so poor (not her words) when they were in college that they had to sell some bonds. My jaw literally dropped when I watched that. Such a lack of self awareness. I saw it during the 2012 campaign. Not bonds, stock options.

Ann Romney in 1994: When Mitt Romney was running for Senate in 1994, his wife gave a candid interview with Jack Thomas of The Boston Globe, published October 20, 1994. She told Thomas that after their Hawaii honeymoon, Mitt transferred to Brigham Young University. Back then, she still thought of that time as tough. But she wasn't as good at describing it, suggesting that it was rough living off stock options: 

"They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."

Furnishings

Ann Romney 2012: "Our desk was a door propped up on sawhorses. Our dining room table was a fold down ironing board in the kitchen. 

From: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/fact-checking-ann-and-mitt-romneys-hardknock-early-years/324170/

https://slate.com/business/2012/04/romney-sold-stock-to-pay-for-college.html

• Edited October 23, 2019 12:20 pm  by  ANNMTM
BWArtist

Oct-23

I was brought up to dislike horses in general. My father wanted me to appreciate the invention of the farm tractor. And how we no longer needed to deal with the moodiness of a horse just to get some work done. My grandfather felt the same way but he still liked to march behind the farm implements ,  except only pulled by the Minneapolis Moline. Grandpa also hated horses but he hated camels more. Mainly because they could aim and spit.

Fancy horses were kept by British neighbors  that bought and maintained expanding ranches. They were compounds of wealth that needed amusement after church.

Mrs Mitt seems to maintain a tight bubble, but deep down I think she wants to run off to Paris alone with Pierre. But does she love him enough to give up her horse? Probably not.

It always comes down to what you consider fun and what you are willing to do to pay for it.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

She is out of touch with most people.  I never paid any attention to him at all until he ran for president. I never understood how he became a candidate. He is a terrible campaigner.  But enough people on his side must like him.