Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think of Mitt Romney as Pierre Delecto on Twitter?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Oct-21 by Showtalk; 1247 views.
kizmet1

Dec-2

Let him have some fun. He doesn't seem to have any friends or a future away from the Senate left.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-3

He has a big Mormon community behind him.

kizmet1

Dec-3

Not so sure of that. Many in Utah are conservative Mormons. Romney is not talking like a conservative. I think he did well in MA because of his father's fame. He has not won an election since.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-3

Didn’t he win the Senate race in Utah?

kizmet1

Dec-4

Of course he did but that was before he started disagreeing with a same party president. One does not impress voters by disagreeing with a same party sitting president, especially one who has tried to do patriotic things.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-4

True. Republicans do that. Democrats rarely do. Romney sided with McCain and is keeping the old feud alive.

kizmet1

Dec-4

McCain was different as he had different life experiences. He was more of an independent. He had many strange people advising him when he ran for president. It was as if no one researched Palin before she was chosen to be his running mate.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-4

He wanted a woman from an obscure place, but he hated her. I never understood why he chose her.  They were oil and water. It ruined her career as well. She lost her position as Governor and people who never knew her before, hated her.  It was a disaster for everyone involved.  I don’t believe in going after children, but the media didn’t care and were devastating to her whole family. I still don’t know why she said Yes. She should not have run.  All in all, a disaster.  Although he never could have won. Republicans didn’t like him much, except for a small core of followers.  In contrast Trump now has something like over 90% approval among Republicans.

• Edited December 4, 2019 4:57 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Dec-4

I totally agree with everything you say. I think GOP wanted a woman. It helped that her dh was part Native. It was very unfair for Bristol. It still is but at least she gets money for making mistakes in her life. Sarah is very smart. I hope she us doing well with her tv station. Willow had twins earlier this year
I think McC evolved into a different way of thinking as he aged. I liked some of what he said but he quit being a party man as he aged and should not have tried to be POTUS. I find it hard to believe Mitt has a high approval rating in UT or anywhere else. He is just too stiff and not very much of a party.man.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-4

Didn’t Mitt succeed in politics only because his father was respected in his time?