Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Life of Royals   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started Oct-22 by Song~ (_Song_); 977 views.
Song~ (_Song_)

Poll Question From Song~ (_Song_)

Oct-22

The Life of Royals
  • Definite fan of all things Royal1  vote
    5%
  • They're ok, but I'm not going out of my way to follow them4  votes
    22%
  • Some I like, some I don't2  votes
    11%
  • Meh...4  votes
    22%
  • The whole idea of Royalty needs to go the way of the dinosaur.5  votes
    27%
  • Other (please elaborate)2  votes
    11%
Definite fan of all things Royal 
They're ok, but I'm not going out of my way to follow them 
Some I like, some I don't 
Meh... 
The whole idea of Royalty needs to go the way of the dinosaur. 
Other (please elaborate) 
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-22

The U.S. tends to only follow the British Royal family when something big happens. Otherwise, we don’t hear much.  What do you think?

BWArtist

Oct-22

I've always assumed that the British Monarchy is kept alive in case their government goes crazy.

Now with the eternal Brexit problem, I wonder if that idea  could ever be put to the test.

I like little Archie and I admire his young father starting way back when he was a little boy with his beautiful mother. Beautiful in spirit that rubbed of on both her sons. 

As for the rest of them, I don't pay attention much. Monarchy is  humanity imitating bee colonies and such.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

I think it’s such a long held tradition, it will never go away. Enough of their residents look up to the royal family that it would be close to impossible to remove them.  

BWArtist

Oct-23

Remember when the castle needed repairs from the last big fire and the common folk were expected to help pay for it?

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1992/11/23/British-government-to-pay-for-Windsor-Castle-fire-damage/3650722494800/

Maybe if the queen ponyed up,

Brexit might not have to had to be. 

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

Isn’t it owned by the government? Or under some kind of contract?

Song~ (_Song_)

Oct-23

While there are ones I like better than others. overall I feel the time for 'Royalty' anywhere  is long past.

Song~ (_Song_)

Oct-23

Well...personally I'm tired of Harry and Meghan. 

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-24

I am too!  I liked her on Suits.  I was curious about her during their wedding.  Now I’m over it.  She used to seem very pleasant, but the strain of being royal is weighing on her and she sounds grumbly and obnoxious.  

Song~ (_Song_)

Oct-25

I never watched Suits. 

I don't buy her line of not thinking she'd get the media attention she has either. Actress + marrying a Royal equals lots of media attention. As well, as you can't choose only the kind of attention you want. Positive comes along with the negative. She's also making pregnant women sound weak IMO.

All that said, I do think the media in general wastes WAY too much time reporting every little twitch a celeb makes...