Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Life of Royals   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started Oct-22 by Song~ (_Song_); 1349 views.
kizmet1

Oct-28

I agree that the media overdoes it when covering royalty.  The bottom line is that Harry seems the happiest and healthiest he has ever been since meeting Meghan.  Remember his visit to Vegas? He got drunk.  Now, he does yoga. I am sure his family is happy with the change Mehan has helpd him make.  

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-28

They don’t want another Prince Andrew who has embarrassed the Royal family for years.  Harry does seem happier.  

kizmet1

Oct-28

Andrew was embarrassing before he got married.  Fatherhood must not have changed him.  Charles was 12-14 when he went into a pub and ordered an alcoholic drink, and drank it (wonder if his guard got a sip?)  Margaret got wild as her marriage got bad. I think the press is too rough on the women.  They get paid to do meet and greets and it makes the citizens happy.  There are those whose only happiness comes from meeting a royal who is nice to them.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-28

I saw that when I watched the wedding on TV. Afterwards they interviewed many people on the street, who were waiting for a glimpse of the couple as they went by.  I didn’t realize how much they revere the Royal family, since we usually see the opposite in our media.

kizmet1

Oct-28

Yes, the English love their royals.  The news media must have realized they can get more viewers if they bash them.  Higher ratings means more money.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-28

Here but I bet the British press is more neutral if they want access.

Meriana

Nov-4

Me too. Honestly I don't understand the interest in her at all.  

Meriana

Nov-4

I don't buy it either. She grew up around the entertainment industry and she's an actress herself so it's not like she's unaware of the press, and the fact it isn't always kind.  I think that documentary, on her part, was simply a means of her getting some attention.  Talking to journalist Tom Bradby, Meghan looks like she's nearly in tears as she goes on about how hard it is being a newly-wed, a new mom, dealing with the press, etc.  REALLY???     She thanked him for asking if she was OK, and mentioned that not very many people have asked.  She has now had 72 women in Parliament send a letter of solidarity to her.  She is, after all, an actress

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-6

Of all those thins she mentioned, being a new mom is the most stressful, so I would believe that part of it. Actresses have privacy when they want it.  They can pay for it.  Royals never get any. 

Song~ (_Song_)

Nov-7

I was never a fan of her as an actress. I watched maybe 15 minutes of Suits once, and didn't care for it at all.