Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What main dish do you bring to a potluck for carnivores, vegetarians and vegans   The Social You: Interactive

Started Nov-13 by Showtalk; 384 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-13

What main dish do you bring to a potluck for carnivores, vegetarians and vegans
  • I would bring a meat dish1  vote
    5%
  • I would bring something vegetarians can eat.4  votes
    23%
  • I would make something everyone can eat7  votes
    41%
  • I'm more interesting in bringing gluten free0  votes
    0%
  • I would bring gluten free vegan food1  vote
    5%
  • I would bring a salad for everyone with dressing on the side1  vote
    5%
  • I wouldn't bring anything0  votes
    0%
  • I wouldn't go2  votes
    11%
  • Other1  vote
    5%
I would bring a meat dish 
I would bring something vegetarians can eat. 
I would make something everyone can eat 
I'm more interesting in bringing gluten free 
I would bring gluten free vegan food 
I would bring a salad for everyone with dressing on the side 
I wouldn't bring anything 
I wouldn't go 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-13

I started this poll because I was recently at a lunch in someone’s home for a large group, where three guests from two different families were vegetarians.  They served only meat sandwiches but had two salads that were vegetarian. I don’t know if anything was vegan or gluten free.  The vegetarians all sat by themselves and I think two did not eat anything.  The party went from 11-3 so they probably needed to eat something, but chose not to.  

kizmet1

Nov-18

Not so nice if the host knew vegetarians were coming.  I like to make an authentic vegan dish from around the world.  Meat eaters tend to gobble it up.

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-18

That is a good idea.  The person the party was for knew, but the woman catering it didn’t.  I always assume there will be at least one vegetarian I don’t know about.  

kizmet1

Nov-18

Lot of people do not eat animals like they used to.  Stands to reason that one will show up now and then.

ANNMTM

Nov-18

What's in it?

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-18

Yes, it is does.

In reply toRe: msg 6
kizmet1

Nov-19

Just lentils and rice, from Middle East or else a ME potato salad with a lemon/EVOO brine and  parsley and scallions and sliced red potatoes.

ANNMTM

Nov-19

Sounds good!

BWArtist

Nov-22

One of the biggest disconnects with social functions and diet is Type 2 Diabetes. 

Dishes using condensed cream soups as a base are out. Pasta ,breads, or any other  recipes that utilize refined carbs are out as well. But these are the economical choices most make to feed a crowd.

So then you have to determine how well you know the people you want to feed and if you know a lot of diabetics will attend. Then I determine how expensive an antipasto I'll bring. Sometimes including a sign that reminds folks to consider a diabetic before you dish up. Teenage boys seem to like to clean out all the meat and cheese in a quality salad first.

Before I was diagnosed ,I was oblivious to these concerns.  And  there seems to be more and more diabetics showing up looking for an excuse to cheat on their diet.