Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will you shop on Black Friday this year?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Nov-24 by Showtalk; 781 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-24

Will you shop on Black Friday this year?
  • Yes, I like to go to the mall0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, I go to individual stores2  votes
    13%
  • Yes, I shop online2  votes
    13%
  • No, I wait for Cyber Monday1  vote
    6%
  • No, I don't need anything this year2  votes
    13%
  • Maybe, I haven't decided yet4  votes
    26%
  • Other4  votes
    26%
Yes, I like to go to the mall 
Yes, I go to individual stores 
Yes, I shop online 
No, I wait for Cyber Monday 
No, I don't need anything this year 
Maybe, I haven't decided yet 
Other 
WWW3
Staff

Nov-25

Other: No, I don't do crowds.

The whole concept of Black Friday repulses me.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

I used to do it before it was a thing.  I always went to stores the day after holidays to buy things on sale.  Halloween was the best. The day after, everything was half off or more. Once it became a trend, it wasn’t fun anymore. Too crowded and too many rude people.  I once had merchandise grabbed right out of my hands by someone else. Someone saw, stepped in and grabbed it back for me, then blocked her while I ran to the register. but the woman followed me out to the car and told me I had bought HER things. It was crazy and I never went again.  

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Nov-25

NEVER!!!

I do not venture near any stores on Black Friday. EVER!!!

ANNMTM

Nov-25

That's horrible! I worked at Macy's for 12 1/2 yrs. I quit in May. I am really going to enjoy the Holiday season this year.

I voted other also as my answer would be no for the same reasons as you.  Working it was bad enough. People are nuts, whiny and entitled. I will not miss it!

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

That is definitive!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

I can’t even imagine working retail during the holiday season.  You need nerves of steel.

ANNMTM

Nov-25

lol, I wasn't in sales, that would not have been a good fit personality wise. Horrible job at holiday time.

I was in support, first as a merchandiser (taking care of incoming stock and putting it on the floor, keeping the floor neat in Housewares part of home), then as as a signer,updating the signs as sales began and ended also in Housewares. Except for the hours, it was kind of fun.

I will say, that in 12 1/2 years I only had 4 of what I would call "bad" customers. Pretty good for that long and my personality, lol!

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-25

That sounds like fun!  

Song~ (_Song_)

Nov-25

Not just no...but Oh Hell No!