Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are Impossible Burgers bad for us?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Nov-26 by Showtalk; 1927 views.
kizmet1

Dec-18

I had neighbors who owned a frozen food locker back in the days when people did like your family did and had their meat processed in and kept in the locker. The wife had dental problems and got dentures. She felt so much better she stopped at chain store and got 5lbs of best hamburger and started making one burger after another to eat without dental pain. The next day she broke out with blisters all over her face and parts of her body. Contac was new on market and I gave her one while she was waiting for dr to call. Blisters srarted going away. Dr told her to continue it. The woman was not only a butcher but she had been an assistant to a tv chef. She knew how to cook. She avoided buying beef at that store forever. It was when livestock was full of drugs.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-18

Soy affects the body’s hormone production, too, in large quantities.  Even in Asian restaurants, when they serve tofu, it’s small amounts.  Not like a whole burger.

Showtalk
Staff

Dec-18

Eww. Yes, most of those fast food burgers don’t have a real beef texture, so they have to be made of something else.

I remember butcher shops where they actually cut meat for customers.  We had one near us I used to try to support because it was in a small family market.  One day I asked for a specific cut of meat and they said, We don’t cut our own meat.  I stopped shopping there but they closed down no long after.  

kizmet1

Dec-18

That is extremely true. I worry about all the babies raised on soy formula.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-18

I never understood why that was considered better than other options.

kizmet1

Dec-29

Probably better PR than others?
Out of curiosity, I read the ingredients of formula at Costco and WM. Shocking to see what innocent babies were being given. Mostly corn syrup solids in the cheaper ones, some cow or goats milk in the higher end. No wonder America has obesity, diabetes and learning disabilities in so many kids and adults? Any dog would turn it's nose up at most of that stuff. Even the Asians do not drink soy.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-29

Formula can be very bad. I am shocked that people use it without looking for better options.

kizmet1

Dec-29

I have not checked in a long time but I did learn Costco stopped carrying corn syrup solids. Must remember WM next time I go there.
I don't see how the scientific community never put 2 and 2 together and never said anything? So many childhood ailments have gone up along with drugs for kids who are either hyper or lethargic.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-30

Refined sugar.  That could be a cause.  Also less exercise.  I didn’t know that about Costco.

kizmet1

Dec-30

Costco has quietly been changing it's merchandise over the years yo behealthier. I like to think my queries helped. I complained about my favorite Chinese frozen vegetables coming from communist countries in Asia. One was a country that made baby pacifiers contaminated with something unhealthy and later dog food with the same problem. I filled out a form asking why the vegetables were carried there. Never heard a word but they were replaced with others. I still will not buy them as they are from a communist country. I guess it is cheaper to grow and process vegetables there?