Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should we break our bottled water habit?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 11/29/19 by Showtalk; 304 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

11/29/19

Should we break our bottled water habit?
  • Yes of course0  votes
    0%
  • Not completely. Bottled water is good to have on hand for emergencies5  votes
    38%
  • No, bottled water is safer than my tap or water3  votes
    23%
  • I drink well water which is safe3  votes
    23%
  • I'm not sure1  vote
    7%
  • Other1  vote
    7%
Yes of course 
Not completely. Bottled water is good to have on hand for emergencies 
No, bottled water is safer than my tap or water 
I drink well water which is safe 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

11/29/19

This ties in with the water scare poll I started.

BWArtist

12/3/19

I have some of the best drinking water available on tap. However if I want to drink it, I have to let it sit for an hour to bleed off the chlorine, or it will make me gag.

Whether it's in 1980 or 50 years in the future, you'll get a strange look if you tell someone you like your water petrol wrapped. And physically hauled around by burning petrol chemicals.

And then there are the alkaline waters like Essentia that make you feel better. But I can get the same thing by brewing tea from black goji berry.

The best thing you can do with petrol wrapped water is to give it to someone who lives in Flint,MI.

Showtalk
Staff

12/3/19

Their water supply hasn’t been cleaned up yet?  It should have been a long time ago.

Did you know petroleum is used in all kinds of everyday things people can’t live without?

BWArtist

12/3/19

Maybe Flint could market their tap water now in bottle form to help pay for the damages. Do you think it will sell?

As for petrol being good for you, I knew a fella that lived a ripe old age consuming a half teaspoon of Vasoline a day.

<The consequences of the crisis are ongoing.

It is still unclear how much the high lead levels affected children's mental development. The Legionnaires' disease outbreak that coincided with the crisis led to 12 deaths, and residents say they are still fearful of bacteria in the water, although levels are largely back to normal.

Because of their concerns, many Flint residents still rely on bottled water donations. The state ended free distribution last year.

For the people of Flint, it may be years before the water crisis is a memory.

This post was updated on August 21, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.>

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/does-flint-have-clean-water-yes-it-s-complicated

Showtalk
Staff

12/3/19

So the water is clean but no one trusts it?

BWArtist

12/4/19

It was a republican water management policy that irritated and made worse the systemic lead leaching problem. I see the best way for the MI republican party, that was in charge, to follow through with the totality of their decisions. Since they believe that success or failure of their GOP policies should ultimately be determined in a free market, I say bottle the water and stick a label on it ! Call it NEW and Improved Tap Water from Flint. 

Let the market determine if they were actually successful .

Showtalk
Staff

12/4/19

That is an interesting way to look at it!