Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will You Feel Your Pork Will be Safer   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Dec-16 by BWArtist; 245 views.
BWArtist

Poll Question From BWArtist

Dec-16

Will You Feel Your Pork Will be Safer
  • Yes3  votes
    33%
  • No6  votes
    66%
In reply toRe: msg 1
BWArtist

Dec-16

WWW3
Staff

Dec-17

I don't have a bone in this fight - don't eat pork. I'll note, however, that if you give any industry the power to regulate itself, it won't.

kizmet1

Dec-17

I gave up pork msny years ago. Do nit miss it.
A few years ago Dr Oz had a show that told about a chemical given to pigs and it didn't have to be listed on packages. It was a chemical with side effects.
In reply toRe: msg 3
BWArtist

Dec-18

Beef packing is next. I'm glad my son grows our own.

Showtalk
Staff

Dec-18

Do you have a big herd. I have herding breed dogs and I wish they had something to herd but they don’t.  They were bred to herd and scent.

BWArtist

Dec-19

Packers are getting too ridiculous on docking and such. The cowboys in my life are questioning why they  still are the business.  Investing in dogs would be a pretty hard sell at this point. We'll probably keep a small herd for just our own needs soon. Always need a few around to keep the grass and weeds mowed down. Right now my son keeps his involvement  to calving 100 cows every winter/spring. 

Here is a multi state regional that advertises to this market. Not sure of your breeding and training program but here is what turned up today in their classifieds...

http://classifieds.thefencepost.com/section/Livestock-Animals/Work-Dogs

Showtalk
Staff

Dec-19

My dogs are German Shepherds and are bred to herd sheep, not cattle, and to find things by scent.  One has a strong herding drive and may be mixed with another herding breed. We aren’t sure.  The other is a purebred from police lines and was actually bred as a scent dog.  I got him because he was not going to make the cut to police dog.  He’s drivey but not over the top that they need. Both could have been used for herding because of their drives, but we have nothing for them to herd except other dogs or squirrels and wild things.

Its hard to see an industry sort of falling apart.  Aren’t people buying less beef?