Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should public figures remove controversial family members from Christmas cards ?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Dec-31 by Showtalk; 622 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Dec-31

Should public figures remove controversial family members from Christmas cards ?
  • Yes of course1  vote
    7%
  • Only if they are very bad1  vote
    7%
  • It's their choice6  votes
    42%
  • No, it's a silly idea and cruel1  vote
    7%
  • I haven't thought about it4  votes
    28%
  • Other1  vote
    7%
Yes of course 
Only if they are very bad 
It's their choice 
No, it's a silly idea and cruel 
I haven't thought about it 
Other 
kizmet1

Dec-31

Doesn't matter to me. Do many send out cards these days?
kizmet1

Jan-1

I don't know what the situation is with the Windsors. It is different with Biden.
His son has been very busy with the ladies in the past. Was he excluded when Biden was still VP?
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-1

I don’t know. Hunter embarrassed his dad, so he’s off the card, but they sent out a video of their German Shepherds.  I would like to see his video. His older dog came from a very good breeder. I think the younger is a rescue.

I understand Prince Andrew embarrassed the Royal family, but why were Harry, Meghan and baby Archie left off?

kizmet1

Jan-1

OHunter is strange, IMO, considering that teacher Jill was the one he spent his childhood with. He has been nothing like his late brother. Stories about him are worse than those about Trump. Win or lose, it is hard for a candidate to dump a child just because an election is coming.
I suspect campaign managers felt it would be better to keep Hunter in the dark.
As for Harry, maybe he wants to try being a private citizen? Of course, people are happy for him and he proved that in Africa. Maybe his mil feels uncomfortable in the public eye or out of place among the very rich and very famous fishbowl Harry is from? Kate's mother started a business that made her very, very rich so that family understands protocol. Meghan had a different kind. Her connection to fame was being backstage at General Hospital where her dad worked.
  • Edited January 1, 2020 2:13 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-1

Meghan was very well known as an actress so fame isn’t something new to her. Being in a fishbowl might be.

kizmet1

Jan-2

Yeah. A tv star gets fanmail. A royal inlaw gets criticism.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-2

Actors get criticism too.

kizmet1

Jan-3

I guess they do now that you mentioned it. Andrew was born and bred that way. I wonder if he considers his status in life a help or a hinder?