Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you happy to hear the Golden Globes are going vegan?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jan-3 by Showtalk; 1545 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jan-3

Are you happy to hear the Golden Globes are going vegan?
  • Yes0  votes
    0%
  • Maybe0  votes
    0%
  • I'm not sure0  votes
    0%
  • No2  votes
    7%
  • What do awards have to do with food preferences?9  votes
    34%
  • I don't care14  votes
    53%
  • Other1  vote
    3%
Yes 
Maybe 
I'm not sure 
No 
What do awards have to do with food preferences? 
I don't care 
Other 
BWArtist

Jan-3

Lets see what comes up when you Google,,,,,

number of   participants in 2020 golden globe awards that will fly into Beverly Hills

Hmmmm, this looks to be my first successful attempt to stump Google in 2020. 

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-3

Technically they fly into an airport and there is no airport in Beverly Hills, but I still could not find a list of participants who fly.  How should they travel?  Cars use gas. Trains use fuel.  

I wonder if any viewers care what the participants eat at the awards.  Maybe they should not include meal at all.

BWArtist

Jan-4

If the purpose of the vegetable dinner is to call attention to global warming due  to excessive discharge of carbon gas from meat based agriculture, a jet aircraft that brings the thespian to the party,can put out much more carbon than any cow can.

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-4

Thank you. I agree.  You gave me an idea for another poll.  For some reason, I never think of actors eating much at those dinners anyway and we never see them eating.  So, they can write articles about it but I doubt most people following the Globes do it because of the off camera menu. 

kizmet1

Jan-5

From what I have seen when watching the show, the people working on the nominated shows are not eating as much as they are drinking.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-5

I haven’t paid attention but that could be true.  I’ve heard from people who attend awards who said the food is usually terrible. So the menu tonight could be a step up from the usual fare.

kizmet1

Jan-5

I think the Golden Globes are the only one to serve alcohol during the show. Everyone seems to have a very good time. Of course, for all those of us at home know, they are faking being drunk.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-5

Why would they do that?