Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

If all were accessible to you which would be your preferred method of transporta   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Jan-4 by Showtalk; 1418 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jan-4

If all were accessible to you which would be your preferred method of transportation?
  • Plane3  votes
    10%
  • Train5  votes
    17%
  • Car9  votes
    31%
  • Subway1  vote
    3%
  • Motorcycle3  votes
    10%
  • Bicycle1  vote
    3%
  • Scooter0  votes
    0%
  • Skateboard0  votes
    0%
  • Horse1  vote
    3%
  • Another animal2  votes
    6%
  • Rocket0  votes
    0%
  • Walking or running0  votes
    0%
  • Swimming0  votes
    0%
  • Other4  votes
    13%
Plane 
Train 
Car 
Subway 
Motorcycle 
Bicycle 
Scooter 
Skateboard 
Horse 
Another animal 
Rocket 
Walking or running 
Swimming 
Other 
WWW3
Staff

Jan-5

Motorcycle, as long as it's a large touring bike and not a crotch rocket.
Train for a long trip.
Commercial air is my very last choice. I refuse to pay large sums of money to be treated like cattle or worse.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-5

In my poll you can have the best motorcycle possible. Any one you want.  I was trying to make it so each option was the best within that option possible.

Also, it’s kind of unfair when looking at everyday errands.  I could walk to a market but I can’t walk home a few miles with several heavy grocery bags, and they won’t let us borrow shopping carts, so I need a way to get everything back home.  

ANNMTM

Jan-5

Car for every day, which was my vote. Plane for distance, train once a year to go to Tahoe because the idea of driving in snow scares me. I've done that 4 times now.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-5

Train rides are fun.

ANNMTM

Jan-5

So much more comfortable than a bus.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-5

Buses are challenging because there is usually a lot of walking involved unless you live along a route and are going to a convenient stop along the route.  Some cities are set up better for buses than others.

ANNMTM

Jan-6

I was thinking of for longer trips. The first time I took the train to Tahoe, we went by train to Sacramento, then bus the rest of the way. So crowded and tiny seats compared to the train! Since then, I've made sure to make my reservations to take the train well in advance!

My daughter lives in San Francisco. We take buses there. I don't mind that as it is short distances.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-6

San Francisco is a small compact city so just about anywhere you go is close to a bus line.  Los Angeles is just the opposite. Sprawling and all over the place.

kizmet1

Jan-6

Cars are great but I sure liked the scenery I saw and the comfort of a train from Portland to CA. Awoke with Mt Shasta staring at me.