Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

If all were accessible to you which would be your preferred method of transporta   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 1/4/20 by Showtalk; 2327 views.
MerlinsDad

Mar-14

I can't wait for self-driving cars.

For longer distances, say from Georgia to Mississippi or North Carolina, a fast train would be nice.  Use the car to get to the station, let me out at the entrance, park and lock itself, wait quietly for my return, while I go board the train.  Sounds to me as the way to travel.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

I like the concept of self driving cars, but worry in practice they will not stop or make the right decision in a split second emergency.  I can still do that better myself.

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

At the present you are correct.  There will be a time in the not too distant future when they will be able to deal with emergencies better than a human driver.  I hope I live long enough to see that day

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

I hope I can afford to buy one when it happens.

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

Yes, there is that minor detail. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

Ha, I left limo off the list. I didn’t even think of it.

Jeri (azpaints)

Mar-29

Well, it's just a big special car, right?  How odd is my life that I've driven a race car in a race but never sat in a limo?

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

Oh! I got to ride in one for fundraising.  Everyone did. It seemed exciting but wasn’t all that much.  It’s almost like riding in a car shaped bus.  The driver went very slowly to lengthen the ride and after the first five minutes it was boring.  There wasn’t any booze, though. 

Jeri (azpaints)

Mar-29

At least a race car isn't boring.