Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think of Meghan and Harry Brexiting the Royal Family?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 1/8/20 by Showtalk; 3314 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

1/8/20

What do you think of Meghan and Harry Brexiting the Royal Family?
  • I like knowing will be financially independent0  votes
    0%
  • It's a good idea to move to North America and make their own way4  votes
    15%
  • It is only to escape from public life because they can't handle it0  votes
    0%
  • It may be the only way to keep their marriage intact1  vote
    3%
  • Options 1, 2 and 4 above4  votes
    15%
  • All of the above5  votes
    19%
  • It's a publicity stunt1  vote
    3%
  • It Meghan's influence. She can't handle Royal life3  votes
    11%
  • I don't know yet1  vote
    3%
  • Other7  votes
    26%
I like knowing will be financially independent 
It's a good idea to move to North America and make their own way 
It is only to escape from public life because they can't handle it 
It may be the only way to keep their marriage intact 
Options 1, 2 and 4 above 
All of the above 
It's a publicity stunt 
It Meghan's influence. She can't handle Royal life 
I don't know yet 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

1/8/20

WWW3
Staff

1/9/20

It's totally their choice. I have absolutely no say - or interest -  in the matter. I wish them well.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

1/9/20

I agree. It’s their lives.  Although they went public before they told the Queen.  It shows a lack of respect for his grandmother.

kizmet1

1/9/20

IMO Harry wants to get his family away from the fishbowl that killed his mom. He doesn't need the money as Diana left her estate (20 million pounds? dollars?) to him, knowing that 1st son William would get that of Charles'.
Being royal means meeting and greeting the public and getting paid for it. When QE2's kids were growing up her mother, sister and cousin Michael did it. Mom and sister are dead and we only see Michael at family gatherings. Same for the rest of the family. They are all too removed from the throne to be needed to greet the public. Harry must feel that he wants to have his son out of the public eye and have a private life.
  • Edited January 9, 2020 2:10 pm  by  kizmet1
Lyndy (Lyndy7)

1/10/20

This poll Was featured in today's Delphi Daily News ~Join In https://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=3216.1

Showtalk
Staff

1/10/20

Thank you.

Song~ (_Song_)

1/11/20

-Other - Don't care, not interested in either of them. However, the way they went about announcing it was rather disrespectful of the Queen.
Meriana

1/11/20

I don't think Meghan ever had any intention of living her life as a member of the Royal family, paying attention to protocol, rules, restrictions, traditions, that are a part of life as a Royal with a close tie to the Queen.  Meghan is getting everything she wants without giving up anything, however it may be that for Prince Harry, things are different, he may possibly have to, or end up, giving up quite a lot and any rift with his family as a result of all this may be difficult to heal.

Showtalk
Staff

1/11/20

I thought so too. Family business should be private first, then announced if they want to. They are saying We don’t want any part of you or your life.  She is old, and should have some respect.