Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think of Meghan and Harry Brexiting the Royal Family?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 1/8/20 by Showtalk; 3414 views.
kizmet1

1/21/20

She worked and lived in Toronto, in eastern Canada. I think a good friend from college is in BC.
With a father and siblings like hers, she needs good friends close by.
There has always been a colony of various "royals" living in BC, going back to the time when the Russian throne fell.
Showtalk
Staff

1/21/20

Where in Canada did they move?

kizmet1

1/21/20

Not sure. Only know that she was walking somewhere in BC. It could be Vancouver on the mainland or Victoria on Vancouver Island. Todays news mentioned Harry and Vancouver Island but I didn't hear the whole thing.
Victoria is simply beautiful. Home of the grand Empress Hotel. One can only get to Vancouver Island by ferry from WA or Vancouver or by plane.
Showtalk
Staff

1/21/20

This is all speculation but they could be looking at the west coast.  $36 million though?  They need a big income to pay for that.

Showtalk
Staff

1/21/20

This is newer, from today.  He is back on the island.

kizmet1

1/21/20

Personally, I don't think they are ready to buy anything. The way the press is chasing after them is why.
They can always move onto Oprah's place on Maui. Lots of privacy and organic fruit and vegetables there.
  • Edited January 21, 2020 3:32 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

1/21/20

Harry supposedly has a net worth of $40 million so he can’t afford that house, even assuming that was cash he could use. It’s probably invested or has restrictions on it.  I think that was just newspaper gossip.

kizmet1

1/21/20

He could make a down payment and pay with monthly payments or borrow the money from.Charles.
I think they would be foolish to buy anything anywhere in a part of the world they are not familiar with. The BC climate is like England and she has friends there. That is all that matters for now. I am sure that if Charles or William needed Harry after QE2's death, he would return in a hurry.
Song~ (_Song_)

1/27/20

Mum was against it...
Song~ (_Song_)

1/27/20

*nods* They aren't poor that's for sure.