Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do we have Fataphobia?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jan-9 by Showtalk; 1221 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jan-9

Do we have Fataphobia?
  • Yes, our culture is extremely anti obesity6  votes
    60%
  • Not as much as we used to0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, but Jillian was right to say what she said about weight and health0  votes
    0%
  • Not any more than is expected1  vote
    10%
  • I don't know what that means (see next post)0  votes
    0%
  • Not at all2  votes
    20%
  • I'm not sure1  vote
    10%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, our culture is extremely anti obesity 
Not as much as we used to 
Yes, but Jillian was right to say what she said about weight and health 
Not any more than is expected 
I don't know what that means (see next post) 
Not at all 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-9

ANNMTM

Jan-9

That is so incredibly rude and judgemental of this woman. Unbelievable.

kizmet1

Jan-9

IMO, Lizzo would be crude and vulgar at any weight. I do not believe in "if you got it, flaunt it" is a good example to set.
I remember an obese singer named Kate Smith. She was very popular with the adults. Others were Pearl Bailey and Mahalia Jackson, both of whom had their sizes go up and down. Some get ahead with talent, others do not.
In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-9

It’s interesting because Jillian is gay and has some PTSD or other things in her background that were very traumatic for her, so I’m surprised she would go the route of fat shaming someone.  Still, her whole career is based on promoting fitness.

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-9

You may not like her style of singing but she is a beautiful, talented woman.

kizmet1

Jan-9

She may be beautiful and talented singer but her taste in clothes is in poor taste, disgusting and downright lewd. Actress Chrissy Metz gas a great singing voice and dresses decently.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-10

Not to argue, but I remember when Madonna was considered disgusting, lewd and outrageous.

kizmet1

Jan-10

She still is but having 5 or 6 children has mellowed her.
IMO, Madonna (and Miley Cyrus who has the same agent) and many like her, were very creative but unable to be noticed the way they wanted to be in music so they based their style on being outrageous. Madonna did a nice job in Evita but I was not a fan of hers.
ANNMTM

Jan-10

I don't care what her job is. That is disrespectful to another human being and is completely inappropriate.