Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you watching the Senate impeachment trial?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jan-24 by Showtalk; 299 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jan-24

Are you watching the Senate impeachment trial?
  • Yes, as much as I can1  vote
    5%
  • Yes, a few hours a day2  votes
    11%
  • Yes, a little0  votes
    0%
  • Just the highlights1  vote
    5%
  • I'm keeping up by reading online2  votes
    11%
  • I'm mainly watching other news shows explain it3  votes
    16%
  • No, I'm not following it5  votes
    27%
  • What trial?1  vote
    5%
  • Other3  votes
    16%
Yes, as much as I can 
Yes, a few hours a day 
Yes, a little 
Just the highlights 
I'm keeping up by reading online 
I'm mainly watching other news shows explain it 
No, I'm not following it 
What trial? 
Other 
kizmet1

Jan-25

First day, all day. Other days, I caught up on things I recorded. Today I went shopping.
I went to the library. It was nice to get away from.news for a few hours.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-25

I’ve noticed a lot of procedural type activities may be thrilling if you are in the room, but tend to be very dry and slow when shown on TV.  I saw that the ratings weren’t very good. CBS went back to their soaps for better ratings.  I was hoping if someone is watching all of it, they might share what they got from it. 

WWW3
Staff

Jan-25

I keep up through the evening and late-night news (ABC evening, NBC late) and reading hard copy daily newspaper (WAPO).

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-25

You are doing more than I am. I’m reading online and watching a few clips.  That was enough. All that talking is repetitious.  I just want to know the outcome.

kizmet1

Jan-25

I agree with you. What no one seems to understand is why every single OTA network has to cancel regular programming. It is not like the early days of antenna tv when one station got better reception than the others.
I have flipped stations to get the commentary at the end. I like PBS, for now.
We have to sit thru the conventions next.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-25

Yes, to both.  The networks are afraid if they don’t carry it people won’t watch them. But soap fans are obsessed and would not miss their shows for anything, even live history.  

I won’t watch the conventions, only the highlights.  But I don’t turn on a TV during the day. The only exception might be the Olympics.

kizmet1

Jan-25

I am down to one soap. They made most an hour long and full of garbage set to music instead of real acting or else they added a lot of R rated topics. I tuned out. One topic I felt disgusted with was older woman having an affair with a teenager. In todays awareness she would be behind bars.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-25

He is under 18?