Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you worried about getting the Corona virus?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Jan-25 by Showtalk; 4943 views.
Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Mar-11

Here's some symptoms from the CDC/Mayo Clinic that may help people decide what they've got and how to react.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-11

It sounds lot like flu. What do people do if they don’t know whether or not they’ve been exposed?

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Mar-11

They're telling people to go to the hospital emergency room and get tested. 

A neighbor of mine went to an Emerge center with difficulty breathing and a high fever and they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital where she was given a Coronavirus test which came out negative. She's got a bad upper respiratory infection not Covid-19. They gave her antibiotics and sent her home. That was two days ago. Today she's feeling a lot better. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-11

She is probably a lot more relaxed about it, too.  

kizmet1

Mar-11

Thank you for posting this. Good things to know.
Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Mar-11

You're welcome.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-12

I wonder how many people are staying home out of fear. We already have a few Corona polls but that sounds like a new one.

• Edited March 12, 2020 1:50 pm  by  Showtalk
Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Mar-12

Sounds like a good idea. 

I'm not going anywhere there's large crowds. We've decided not to take our yearly trip to Aruba. We have season tickets to a local theater and we won't be going to April's production. Not sure about the play in May. Depends on how widespread, in my area, the virus is at that point. I'm very concerned about the virus because my husband is one of the high risk people. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-12

Yes, I would worry, too.  I have a big event next month and I just contacted them to see if it’s still on. I haven’t paid yet and I’m not sure whether to do so now or not.  I need to decide this week.

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Mar-12

The scary part for me is that people are walking around with the virus and they don't have any symptoms but they are infectious and spreading it around unaware. That's why we're sticking close to home until the virus gets under control and medical experts find something that helps people who are infected.