Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do the early primaries influence your...   The Serious You: Politics

Started Feb-3 by Song~ (_Song_); 657 views.
kizmet1

Feb-18

I knew you lived in Seaside but not all the others. My north side consists of a 12/12 roof with skylights that open enough for me to toss some Tide with bleach onto the roof now and then. The driveway slip on the north needs a power washer every so often.
  • Edited February 18, 2020 12:26 pm  by  kizmet1
kizmet1

Feb-18

What part if SE Alaska were you in?
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-18

Ok. The general area has a lot of rain.  When I was in Seattle all it did was rain, all rain, all the time.  That was my experience with the area.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-18

Various parts for short stays from Ketchikan to Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, Adak and Attu, mostly in summery weather but some in really nasty weather out in the crab and seine fishing areas (Most Dangerous Catch is not that much of an exaggeration).

kizmet1

Feb-18

Ever have to be rescued due to engine failure?
The show was filmed mostly near the mouth of the Yukon.
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-19

No, my ship was usually a rescuer, one ship was a 2,800 ton 327' steam cutter, the other was a 1,800 ton 217' converted heavy submarine rescue ship

Image result for uscgc taney Taney In a heavy seaway.

Image result for uscgc yocona wmec 168 Yocona, just struttin

kizmet1

Feb-19

I understand. The waves in the picture are small compared to the ones in the show. You were very brave to be on a ship in that kind of water. Was that before you became an RN?
One branch of my fishing family lived in Pelican, near Sitka. The other in Ketchican. Are the areas in the SE calmer than the SW?
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-19

I was in the USCG as an enlisted Electronics Tech and commissioned Naval Engineer for 21+ years before going to nursing school on the GI Bill for my second career of more than 21 years.

Image result for uscgc southwind  Southwind in ice.

165' patrol cutter, Ariadne.

kizmet1

Feb-19

I am glad you put the GI Bill to good use.