Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How many hours of television do you watch a week?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Feb-12 by Showtalk; 2596 views.
MerlinsDad

Mar-14

Zero.  I don't own a telly.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

Do you watch anything online?

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

No.

I listen to the Braves games on the radio.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

I couldn’t do it.

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

I'd gotten to the point where the only thing I watched were Braves games.  I would listen to them without the volume because the local announcers and I often seemed to be watching different games.  I like the radio broadcasting crew (that was when Skip Carey was still alive; I like the current crew, too), so I decided to give the tv to Goodwill and just use the radio.  Besides I can do something else while I listen, like type on the computer or read a book.  I have never missed it -- not even the first day.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

You have other sources for entertainment.  I watch a lot of TV, but I’m usually doing something else at the same time.  

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

Yes, I do.  In another forum, when asked what I do when I get bored, I responded that I don't have time to get bored.  I work a part time job, I read 4 or 5 books a month, I spend a lot of time typing responses on forums (or is it fora?), and I spend a lot of time doing photography and editing the results, and I'm a news junkie.  I also try to eat three meals a day (that's when I read my newspaper) and sleep 7 or 8 hours a night.  I don't have time to be bored or to watch tv. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

I like a lot of activity and exercise. I’m not getting that.

MerlinsDad

Mar-15

Why not? 

I went to yoga last Thursday as usual.  The whole group of 60+ old folks were there.  I was a little surprised.  Of course, there is no contact and one doesn't touch anything but one's own mat.

I went to the gym on Wednesday where I walk on the indoor track.  I don't touch any of the equipment.  I plan to go tomorrow.

I have also taken my camera for a walk in my neighborhood three or four times this week.  Sometimes, I walk a mile of more;  sometimes, I hardly get out of my yard -- it's being outside that counts, especially with the pretty weather we've had this week.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-15

I’m not going anywhere except the market.  We had bad weather all week so the ground is a mess outside. Mud and debris everywhere.