Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Could AOC lose her seat when Democrats redistrict?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Feb-25 by Showtalk; 1049 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Feb-25

Could AOC lose her seat when Democrats redistrict?
  • Yes, as payback for trying to defeat Democrats in other districts3  votes
    21%
  • Yes, if census data shows a change in population4  votes
    28%
  • Possibly, if she doesn't follow the party mainstream3  votes
    21%
  • Unlikely, this is a way to try to get her to cooperate0  votes
    0%
  • No, it's a Republican trick to scare people1  vote
    7%
  • Other3  votes
    21%
Yes, as payback for trying to defeat Democrats in other districts 
Yes, if census data shows a change in population 
Possibly, if she doesn't follow the party mainstream 
Unlikely, this is a way to try to get her to cooperate 
No, it's a Republican trick to scare people 
Other 
kizmet1

Feb-25

Changing her district is the best way and may or may not happen.She has an Hispanic/Italian woman against her in the primary. Hopefully, voters will send AOC home for good. She has been an embarrassment to not just the Dem party but to women in politics.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-25

She has a lot of support among younger voters. Her party isn’t sure what to do with her, though. At least the older members. She defies what they want to do, won’t contribute financially, and is trying to primary less liberal Democratic House members.  It’s a problem for the party, who has a lot of moderate, old school members and voters. They can’t afford to lose their votes.

kizmet1

Feb-25

That is why I think the new candidate has a good chance at the nomination. Young voters do not contribute much money to the party, if they belong.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-25

She won in an unusually low turnout and not everyone is happy with her.  Most people want their House members to work for their community, not a broad-reaching national focus. Apparently the older residents liked the man she ousted.  If she is voted out, and I’m not sure she will be, she already has a place on the National stage and as a public spokesperson. 

kizmet1

Feb-25

She belongs on the stage. I think she feels like she is playing a role.
Yes, the man she beat out was in a long time. Must have been a shock to him? Still hard to understand she actually has a degree when such unusual things come out of her mouth. Be an interesting NY primary.
Meriana

Mar-3

I voted other as I didn't like the other options. As for whether or not AOC will lose her seat through something other than voters voting her out?  One can only hope that somehow she'll be booted out of Congress, and not given an important position anywhere in government (Sanders has said if he is elected she'll be given an important position in his administration). If anyone needs a reason not to vote for Sanders, there it is.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-3

Didn’t he say as VP? She is very popular among young voters.

Meriana

Mar-3

No Sanders said if he own she would be given an important position in his administration.  AOC said it would be an honor to be the Vice President if Sanders won election. The thing is, Sanders cannot give her the VP position as she is not old enough. One has to be 35 years old, and AOC is only about 31, thank goodness

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-3

Ohhh, yes, in case a president dies, the VP must be able to take over.  I see a very inexperienced person who isn’t willing to listen to more experienced politicians in order to learn like most new people to Congress do. She didn’t know about the age restrictions?  Now, that is scary.

• Edited March 3, 2020 9:25 pm  by  Showtalk