Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Was US Bank wrong you fire an employee for an act of kindness?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Feb-25 by Showtalk; 591 views.
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Mar-7

So me CUs are just as bad, it is all in management.  I USED to belong to a Navy affiliated CU in Orlando but bailed after obnoxious clerks and policies abounded, the CU even dropped its "National" appellation, dropping back to a state chartered CU, still FDIC but not national in reach.

kizmet1

Mar-7

That is too bad. I have had good service with mine. It has 5 branches but has kept the small, prsonl feeling.
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-7

Most people prefer credit unions because they feel they offer better service.

I say they were wrong, and they only reconsidered after it spiraled into a total public relations disaster and a scathing column in the New York Times. So really, they would have never reconsidered except for the tsunami of outrage that washed over them.

Sure, the CEO said "that's not what we are". But it's kind of like how when the perpetrator of a heinous scam says he's sorry - he's really just sorry he got caught.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-26

I first heard this on a finance show, of all places, and they were horrified.  I still don’t really understand why they felt there was a liability to an employee giving $20 of her own money to a customer.  

I wonder if Dave Ramsey said something about it. He sometimes calls out financial institutions that treat employees and customers badly, while of course his core mission is to get as many people out of debt as possible.

And with the coronavirus shutdown, a LOT of people who have been living paycheck to paycheck are ending up in deep doo-doo.

Meanwhile those of us who really made a commitment to live below our means, built up savings, and not take on huge expenses while everyone else was "keeping up with the Joneses" at least can weather such stuff better than those who are running on a treadmill just to make minimum payments on everything.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-1

He might have. Clark Howard did.

I'll need to start searching through my recorded off the air captures starting the first weekday after the incident happened. If he had something about it on the radio, it's probably lurking on a hard drive or thumb drive.

At least all of the radio show formats have a hard 6 minute break at the top of every hour, and another 4 minute break at the bottom, so it's easy to directly seek / skip over those segments with Audacity or VLC, but the other breaks near the middle of each 30 minute segment tend to wander a good 5 minutes or more either side of the 15 minute mark. So it's a little more labor intensive to find a specific segment unless someone got lucky and heard it live and wrote down the exact air date and approximate time within the show.

Since it happened Christmas Eve, i'd guess it was right after New Years' when the outrage finally got real traction.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-1

It took a while for the story to work through the media.