Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Was US Bank wrong you fire an employee for an act of kindness?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 2/25/20 by Showtalk; 1258 views.
kizmet1

2/25/20

She has a good heart. From what I have heard, things have been worked out for her. I have also heard that there were channels she could have gone thru, at least not going alone.
Showtalk
Host

2/25/20

Did she go back to work there? I could not find anything new.

kizmet1

2/25/20

I think I heard on tv that she was back at work. Bank doesn't want to look like a Scrooge.
Showtalk
Host

2/25/20

They already do.

kizmet1

2/25/20

LOL. That is why I belong to a CU.
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

3/7/20

So me CUs are just as bad, it is all in management.  I USED to belong to a Navy affiliated CU in Orlando but bailed after obnoxious clerks and policies abounded, the CU even dropped its "National" appellation, dropping back to a state chartered CU, still FDIC but not national in reach.

kizmet1

3/7/20

That is too bad. I have had good service with mine. It has 5 branches but has kept the small, prsonl feeling.
Showtalk
Host

3/7/20

Most people prefer credit unions because they feel they offer better service.

I say they were wrong, and they only reconsidered after it spiraled into a total public relations disaster and a scathing column in the New York Times. So really, they would have never reconsidered except for the tsunami of outrage that washed over them.

Sure, the CEO said "that's not what we are". But it's kind of like how when the perpetrator of a heinous scam says he's sorry - he's really just sorry he got caught.

Showtalk
Host

3/26/20

I first heard this on a finance show, of all places, and they were horrified.  I still don’t really understand why they felt there was a liability to an employee giving $20 of her own money to a customer.