Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are You Finding Empty Shelves Due to Pandemic Preparations?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Mar-9 by BWArtist; 5661 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-9

Price gouging is illegal in some states.  That is inexcusable.

https://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/price-gouging-laws-by-state.html

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Mar-13

I saw a lady in Dollar General with a large shopping cart stacked over full of toilet tissue.

I find this to be especially hilarious as TP is NOT an essential in the worst of times unless you live in the woods.  Push comes to shove, a wash cloth or other fabric can do, and it is renewable.

ANNMTM

Mar-13

I read explanations from four mental health professionals who basically said it was because people felt they had control with TP. I don't even know what that means. My daughter figures it is people who are really hunkering down for a long stay indoors. I don't know, just seems crazy.

BWArtist

Mar-13

I remember keeping a copy of the Monkey Wards or Sears catalogs in the outhouse. Have to say I prefer TP over a page in the catalog. And the old rag clothes material only works well in more humid climates. In the desert, it's a different deal.

BWArtist

Mar-13

Comfort for the human soul comes in different forms.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-13

It tells me we are all secretly over involved and obsessed with toilet paper.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-13

I was in the middle of a real run on a market today. The first market had no parking. The second had one empty spot and I had to squeeze to get into it.  There were no available baskets in the store or the parking lot. I walked in with a bag and saw enormous lines.  People were pulling things off the shelves. There were no frozen vegetables left, and someone had even cleaned out the Lean Cuisine shelves.  No bottled water, no paper products at all, toilet, tissues, towels, no wipes, no gloves, and about half the soap was gone.  Most of the disinfectants and cleaning supplies were gone.  I looked at the huge crowd, thought about floating virus germs and left without trying to buy anything.  

BWArtist

Mar-13

It's getting crazy out there!

Given my new location is about 30 minutes away from the main Amazon warehouse for this area, I'm going to try to replenish supplies through the computer and their own delivery vehicle stopping at our house. Seems to me it would be the best  thing Jeff Bezos could do for Amazon and his customers..

ANNMTM

Mar-13

True. But...toilet paper? Okay.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-13

Amazon is not taking orders for toilet paper. They are out.