Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you miss the most when stuck inside?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Mar-20 by Showtalk; 1508 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Mar-20

What do you miss the most when stuck inside?
  • Eating out6  votes
    28%
  • Shopping malls0  votes
    0%
  • The gym or other exercise activities0  votes
    0%
  • Getting a haircut or other personal care2  votes
    9%
  • Going for coffee with friends3  votes
    14%
  • Going to work2  votes
    9%
  • Clubs and meetings0  votes
    0%
  • The library3  votes
    14%
  • The theater, movies or live1  vote
    4%
  • Amusement parks1  vote
    4%
  • Traveling and vacations0  votes
    0%
  • Other, please list below3  votes
    14%
Eating out 
Shopping malls 
The gym or other exercise activities 
Getting a haircut or other personal care 
Going for coffee with friends 
Going to work 
Clubs and meetings 
The library 
The theater, movies or live 
Amusement parks 
Traveling and vacations 
Other, please list below 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-20

I didn’t vote yet, but I thought about the place where I get my hair cut and wondered how people will manage without haircuts, especially people with short hair.  Then I started thinking about the library and before I knew it, there was a poll that needed posting.

BWArtist

Mar-20

Not just due to the pandemic, my medical condition limits what I can physically do at the moment. And due to the pandemic, the hospital has to postpone the outpatient procedure that would enable me to get back to my work.. Just received notice of the new lock down of visitors to the local hospital. In the meantime ,I'm going to supervise the grandchildren on how to perform growing things in their new food garden this growing season.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-20

That sounds like fun! 

MerlinsDad

Mar-21

I haven't voted.   I work in a library.  I have an ample supply of books to read, but I miss the "library."  It's a great place to be employed, and a great place for people to visit.  I will miss getting a haircut on time, if it comes to that. 

The wellness center is closed.  I do miss my exercise (although my camera and I are trying to walk a mile or more each day).

We miss traveling this time of year.  There's so much to see in Georgia.

I have enjoyed the time off.  It's a beautiful spring and my camera and I take a walk almost every day. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-22

I’ve been afraid to walk because when I went to the market last week, I saw way too many people out walking.  It will be hard to maintain distance.  It sounds like you are enjoying the exercise and solitude. I like staying home and having everything cancelled. I didn’t realize how frenetic my days are until I didn’t have to go out.

MerlinsDad

Mar-22

I'm lucky.  Although a lot of people walk in my neighborhood, there's lots of space to walk.  We'll pass on opposite sides of the street.  I've never felt like it was crowded.

I am enjoying the exercise.  I've always been something of a solitary individual.  I like working alone, and photography is definitely a hobby for the person who likes to work alone.  The irony, of course, is that I don't work alone.  I'm definitely part of a team which enjoys working together. 

I didn't realize how much I enjoy my own routine.  It's going to be hard to go back to work.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-22

I am hoping a lot of people don’t go back to work and are allowed to telecommute from home.  The traffic is already so much better since no one is driving.  I had to pick up meds at the vet, drive through only and the drive was a breeze. It’s usually twice as long.

MerlinsDad

Mar-23

I think we are going to see more people working from home as we recover.  As you suggest, it will help with traffic.  Traffic in our area is horrendous, as  I am sure it is in your area.  On the other hand, it might reduce the office space needed in the towers downtown.  That's an interesting proposition in its own right..  I think you have suggested in a previous post that our society will not the same once we recover, which now is looking to be two or three years out.   Working from home could be one of those changes, and that could have a tremendous impact on our society in many different ways.  I am hoping that the altruism which we're seeing will continue (after all, we are a social animal) and the notion of rugged individualism take a serious hit. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-23

If there is no longer a need to work from an office, those buildings can be converted to apartments or condos or senior living centers.  Our freeways and major streets are always clogged, stop and go during rush hours, and slow the rest of the time.  The more people who live in an area, the more cars on the road. We have no other transit, our cities are so spread out bus service is impossible,