Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How will you manage with out haircuts this month or longer?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Mar-22 by Showtalk; 5807 views.
Showtalk said:

We spend a lot of time making sure everything is up to date and working so I rarely need a mechanic. And I’m not driving hundreds of miles a week.

Before the virus, I averaged about 1,500 to 1,800 miles per month. Now I have racked up only about 300 miles so far in April, and have about 60 to 75 miles to do tomorrow.

I need to rotate the tires, probably tomorrow evening.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-28

That is a lot of driving!  It’s about 100 gallons of gas a month.

Yep. Although this month, I've burned barely 1/3 of the gas I would in a typical month. Maybe about 45 to 50 gallons.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-29

Although 100 gallons in your state would cost about as much as 1 or 2 tanks here.

Showtalk said:

Although 100 gallons in your state would cost about as much as 1 or 2 tanks here.

I texted someone out of state a picture of the gas pump price a few days ago. Got a reply about 2 minutes later to the effect of could I FedEx them a 5 gallon can of the stuff as it would still be cheaper even with shipping - lol.

The cheapest I got recently was $1.42 a gallon. I hear that some people are still paying close to $4 a gallon. But that is where "regulatory compliance costs" have pretty much made some areas nearly impossible to afford the cost of living unless one is significantly more wealthy than the median.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-29

I haven’t bought gas in 6 weeks so I don’t know the prices.  It was around $3.70?  Lots of taxes.  That is why people either buy vehicles that get high mileage or don’t drive much.  I saw someone driving a one seat car once. It looked like a car built on a golf cart and terribly dangerous.

Showtalk said:

It was around $3.70? Lots of taxes. That is why people either buy vehicles that get high mileage or don’t drive much.

Yikes. That's higher than it has been here in nearly a decade. I think the highest I ever saw locally was $3.95 sometime in early July 2008, just before the bubble burst. Then by December 31, 2008 it had imploded all the way down to $1.29 a gallon.

It has not fallen that far yet, here, even with coronavirus, although there is nearly a 30 cent a gallon difference between Midland and Odessa.

However, some places in Texas and Oklahoma they are saying it's actually plunged below $1 a gallon. I need to crank up gasbuddy.com to look at price heat map, and see what kind of numbers are being reported outside the Permian Basin.

Ahhh. Here it is.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap?lat=38.822395&lng=-96.591588&z=4

You can <ctrl>scroll to zoom in and out, and drag to pan the map if Javascripts are allowed for the site (such as using FireFox with NoScript - have to manually give permission to the sites for scripts to work)

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-29

The price of oil is so low it’s almost negative.  That sounds good but it really is not.

It actually did go negative for West Texas Intermediate Crude.