Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think about the secret stockpile of ventilators?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Mar-28 by Showtalk; 2384 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Mar-28

What do you think about the secret stockpile of ventilators?
  • I don't believe it's true1  vote
    9%
  • Cuomo admitted it, but they will be needed soon so it doesn't matter2  votes
    18%
  • I'm worried they have been diverted from other states, which also need them0  votes
    0%
  • This is a manufactured news story created to upset everyone4  votes
    36%
  • This story shows neither side is completely honest1  vote
    9%
  • Options 2 and 31  vote
    9%
  • Options 2, 3 and 52  votes
    18%
  • All of the above except #10  votes
    0%
  • Would they all please stop fighting!0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
I don't believe it's true 
Cuomo admitted it, but they will be needed soon so it doesn't matter 
I'm worried they have been diverted from other states, which also need them 
This is a manufactured news story created to upset everyone 
This story shows neither side is completely honest 
Options 2 and 3 
Options 2, 3 and 5 
All of the above except #1 
Would they all please stop fighting! 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

I know some will not like this news source, but since Cuomo was quoted, and it’s not being reported anywhere else, this is important information to have while discussing this subject.  I’m starting to see rumbles from people in other states, who feel that he is being very selfish to want it all for himself.  OTOH, New York, followed by California, has been hit the hardest. My question: what about states that will be hit hard later and have no extras at all?

“Yes, they’re in a stockpile because that’s where they are supposed to be, because we don’t need them yet,” Cuomo said. “We need them for the apex, the apex isn’t here, so we’re gathering them in a stockpile

• Edited March 28, 2020 9:56 am  by  Showtalk
MerlinsDad

Mar-28

Cuomo says he has them https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics/cuomo-trump-incorrect-and-grossly-uninformed/index.html

but he says that they're not needed yet.  He's arguing with Trump  to get 30,000 more because he believes the state will need them.  He'd better hold on to what he has because it doesn't sound very promising that the Trump administration will provide them on time.  It's a conundrum.  Share them and not have enough when you need them, or hoard them and not have enough when you need them.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

Companies are gearing up to make more, but what about other states that are short?  At first, I agree with Cuomo, then started wondering why he can hoard them while other parts of the country go without.  Is his state more important than mine? Or yours?  Trump doesn’t manufacture ventilators, vent manufacturers do.  And now he is requiring auto companies to make them. Which seems ridiculous to me. Their factors aren’t tooled for that.

• Edited March 28, 2020 1:21 pm  by  Showtalk
MerlinsDad

Mar-28

He is faced with a serious conundrum.  The administration hasn't assured him that he can get what he needs when he needs it.  He has to look out for his own.  Even with those, he doesn't think he has enough.  I understand that.  RIght now, New York is considered a virus hotspot.  It's a difficult choice.  I would probably do the same as rapidly as the infections are increasing there. 

His projections are probably pretty accurate.  I suspect that he is saying what the experts are telling him  30,000 seriously ill people within the next two or three weeks is overwhelming anywhere.  I saw that the hospital ship Hope should arrive in New York Monday with 1000 beds for non-corona virus patients.  That should ease the load a little; the Javits center will open Monday with 1000 beds for coronavirus patients.  That will also ease the overcrowding somewhat.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

Not just ill but sick enough to need a ventilator.  My children know several people who have it, thankfully from a distance.  They are young and healthy and all but one are recuperating at home. 

MerlinsDad

Mar-29

I'm glad that they are recuperating well.  The young seem to have stronger immune systems.  I see that the Coronavirus Task Force has extended social distancing through April 30.  I wonder how that will impact our county, which, as I stated in an earlier post, is under stay at home orders through April 13.  

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

Someone needs to come up with a way that more businesses can go online and keep more people working during this.  Apparently one person they knew died from it, though. The young are not immune.

I called the store where I buy athletic shoes and they are closed.  Now I have to try to fit shoes from my computer and have them delivered, as my current ones have nearly worn out.

Trump announces social distancing guidelines extended to April 30

"The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end," Mr. Trump told reporters in the Rose Garden.

MerlinsDad

Mar-29

As I stated in an earlier post, I wonder how that will impact our county.

Sorry to heard about the death.  From the reports I've seen, no one is truly exempt.  Us older folks are just the highest risk group. 

Good luck buying shoes on line.