Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you staying home now?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Mar-28 by Showtalk; 1759 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Mar-28

Are you staying home now?
  • Yes, my state or local area are on a total lockdown0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, my state or community are sheltering in place except for essentials9  votes
    56%
  • Yes, but I'm going out to exercise1  vote
    6%
  • Somewhat. My area is not under stay at home orders2  votes
    12%
  • No, my state has limited activity but I need to leave for work1  vote
    6%
  • No, I think it's unnecessary and will not stay home even though asked to do s...1  vote
    6%
  • No, my state or community have not restricted us0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, we are not restricted but I am voluntarily staying home0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    12%
Yes, my state or local area are on a total lockdown 
Yes, my state or community are sheltering in place except for essentials 
Yes, but I'm going out to exercise 
Somewhat. My area is not under stay at home orders 
No, my state has limited activity but I need to leave for work 
No, I think it's unnecessary and will not stay home even though asked to do s... 
No, my state or community have not restricted us 
Yes, we are not restricted but I am voluntarily staying home 
Other 
MerlinsDad

Mar-28

The Chairman of the County Commissioners announced yesterday that the county would be on total lockdown as of midnight last night.  In her statement, she made the point that the 26 cities (mostly towns) in the county had bought in to the plan and support it fully.  I found the unanimity remarkable; it gives the residents of the county an idea of just how serious this is.  The county has the 6th most cases of the counties in Georgia (it is the second most populous) -- and so far only one death.  Gwinnett county is primarily a county of suburbs with only one city with a population over 30,000.  The county had been sheltering in place.  I'm glad to see this move.  I think it will help keep the deaths low, and perhaps the cases, as well.  

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

How can they do a complete lockdown? How is that different from sheltering in place?  We can leave to buy groceries, gas, go to the doctor, and walk on our own block. We can’t go to parks, drive to other cities without reason or do any non essential shopping.

MerlinsDad

Mar-28

You hit it.  The parks were open.  And some people, like the plumber contractor next door, were still working.  As I understand, only essential personnel can be on the streets, except to get groceries or medicine or a pet emergency (I was pleased to see that listed).  All non-essential businesses must close.  Since I haven't been out, I don't really know what was open. 

We can walk in our neighborhood, being aware of social distancing.  When I took my camera for a walk today, I saw only two other walkers.  We very consciously walked on opposite sides of the street.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

I saw 11 people and two bike riders on my walk today. People are still having their yards serviced. Two were being mowed and someone else had a tree trimmer, all outside. Plumbers can come in because those are considered emergencies. Technically, it’s not a lockdown, it’s a shelter in place. A lockdown means  a 100% quarantine.  As long as it works, it doesn’t matter what it’s called.

kizmet1

Mar-29

I am hoping to leave home Thursday for food. Be gone for shorter time and carrying baggy with hand wipes it. Taking Lift but avoiding bus as some homeless take it from.church to church that give help meals.
Maybe even washable gloves even tho it will be warm out.
MerlinsDad

Mar-29

I just checked it.  It's called a stay at home order.  I wasn't able to get out to walk today, so I don't know who else was walking.  I know some of my neighbors have to walk their dogs, so I presume they were out.

You certainly saw more out Saturday than I did, but you may have walked earlier in the day.  It was about 4:30 when I left home and about 6 when I returned.

I am curious about tomorrow.  I have a conference call from my boss tomorrow. Perhaps I can get out later in the day.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

It was around 11 am.  

MerlinsDad

Mar-29

With the temperature hitting 85, that was not a good time to take a walk here, so I waited until it cooled a little bit (or at least until the streets had more shade so it seemed cooler).

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-30

It’s still cool here.