Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

When does science...   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Apr-23 by Jeri (azpaints); 2203 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-23

Interesting model.

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-23

Sensible, though, in that states hit earlier or less would be safe to reopen sooner.

kizmet1

Apr-24

The governor announced that we will start opening May 1st by bringing medical/dental workers back to work.
Despite what the chart says, Oregon has had a much lower outbreak of the virus than our neighbors to the north and south. I think it is due to only one big airport and no ports for cruise ships. Also, there is not much to do in bad weather. Most of the reported outbreaks and deaths have been in areas along the interstate highways, ie I-5 running from Vancouver BC to San Diego.
  • Edited April 24, 2020 1:57 am  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-24

I hope so.  

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-24

I am guessing they will all talk about reopening but will keep pushing the dates back.  Here they are saying they will open hair and nail salons, barbers, golf courses, medical offices for non urgent care, and similar, but I said all all along, they are going to revisit this every two weeks and lengthen the shut down a little at a time.

kizmet1

Apr-24

It will be interesting to see how opening certain places works out.
In the meantime, people in various chicken plants across the nation are getting sick, including one here and at least one healthfood store employee here has died.
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-24

Yes, people are getting the virus.  I’m not sure there is a way to avoid it if someone else has it.

kizmet1

Apr-24

They need to do more research into diet, exercise and drug use.
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-24

I know someone who is young, healthy and in top shape who got the virus for not taking it seriously enough in the early days.  But, he recovered and is fine now.

• Edited April 24, 2020 6:06 pm  by  Showtalk