Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nursing homes under investigation after forced to take COVID patients    The Serious You: Politics

Started Apr-27 by Showtalk; 951 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-27

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-27

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-27

The first two articles clearly state Cuomo forced nursing homes to take COVID patients. This article says he is investigating nursing homes.

• Edited April 27, 2020 6:59 pm  by  Showtalk

Another  story that validates what I've suspected for most of my life - places like that are death traps in the event of any widespread disaster. Same with densely packed urban areas for a wide range of catastrophes, from the nuclear war depicted in such books as "Alas, Babylon" to various pandemics, hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes, etc.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-30

Why were they forced to take sick patients?

Showtalk said:

Why were they forced to take sick patients?

My guess is because some government bureaucrat type with zero experience with infectious disease said so. The nursing home facility likely didn't really know how to refuse and couldn't track down the means to mount an effective legal challenge like an emergency injunction to give them an answer as to how to do so and avoid catastrophic legal problems.

Bureaucrat in Mafioso type suit: "nice nursing home you have - be a shame if something were to happen to it."

On a bigger scale, it's a good example of the banality of evil that invariably results from heavy handed bureaucratic orders.

Showtalk
Staff

May-1

It makes logical sense if seniors are the most affected, to keep COVID positive patients away from the homes.

Showtalk said:

It makes logical sense if seniors are the most affected, to keep COVID positive patients away from the homes.

Exactly. However, "Der Fuhrer" Cuomo, in his "infallible wisdom" has said

“They don’t have a right to object. That is the rule and that is the regulation, and they have to comply with that,” Cuomo, a Democrat, said in a Thursday news conference.

Memes of Cuomo in a Charlie Chaplin mustache wearing a very infamous uniform and armband making a very infamous  stiff arm salute, directing Luftwaffe bombers laden with coronavirus patients anthromorphized into bombs (or aiming V-1 buzz bombs similarly morphed), with New York nursing homes as the target like a scene from the London Blitzkrieg are probably appearing  all over the internet in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ..

I kind of hope that this is what finishes his political career. Although I've seen comments to other news articles to the effect of "he deserves to get the virus and suffer horribly before he expires"

Showtalk
Staff

May-1

How the mighty have fallen. A month ago people loved him. Two weeks ago people still admired him.  This is a difficult time to be a politician.

Showtalk said:

A month ago people loved him. Two weeks ago people still admired him. This is a difficult time to be a politician.

Kind of like the lyrics from "Won't be fooled again" by "The Who".

The thing that worries me is, people may all vote out the equivalent of Nero and get in his place, Caligula.