Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you belong to Nextdoor.com?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Apr-29 by Showtalk; 557 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Apr-29

Do you belong to Nextdoor.com?
  • Yes8  votes
    34%
  • No2  votes
    8%
  • I do but I don't use it4  votes
    17%
  • I don't remember0  votes
    0%
  • What is that?9  votes
    39%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
I do but I don't use it 
I don't remember 
What is that? 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-29

If anyone is bored, sign in to your neighborhood.  You may have to be invited. If you live in a small city, the whole city may be in the same site.  There is so much fighting going on.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Apr-29

Perfect for those that wish to divide and then conquor.  They got the divide part right...

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-29

I’ve been checking it to find out which stores have products available because our markets won’t let us call to find out.  I dropped into a huge fight about price gouging at a small family owned market.  Which is illegal.  Some people thought they should be reported for charging about 5 times what an item should cost, while their supporters said if they don’t like it, shop somewhere else.  

My opinion was that at those high prices, they are putting themselves out of business because people will drive further down the street to get what they can somewhere else.

The argument went on long past the point of being productive. 

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Apr-30

I understand, but most people don't get it.  For example, if a product sells for 1 dollar, but all of a sudden it is a scarce item and the store had to pay 3 times more to get those items, what choice do they have then but to charge 5 times more.  Supply and demand...

We are going to have hyper inflation, if Americans don't wake up.  And even if a half of the people wake up, it may be too late.

Not if, but when, China dumps our debt, and laughs at our petro dollar, other countries will follow.  China is planning to go to a gold back money system, digital.  When they do, toilet paper will be worth more then our dollar.  They want to crash the dollar to zero.  It's their plan.

The only thing that makes our dollar worth anything is the people believing in it.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-30

It doesn’t help to price gouge when people can’t afford to shop there.  They must be throwing food out every day.

The only bit of it I've participated in was a bunch of stuff about the horribly poor quality of internet connectivity.

Haven't kept up with any of it since the coronavirus outbreak.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-30

I only check if I need to know something.

BlueMoon67

May-1

I signed up maybe 6 years ago, and soon got tired of people using the platform to post racist garbage. One person got away with posting a 500+-word hate-filled message about a particular ethnic group. She was banned, but not until plenty of people read that post. Hating homeless people is another popular topic. I'm also sick of hearing about how good our city "used to be", with its small town feel (right!) which is a load of crap. It's the 9th largest city in my state, with about 350,000 people. We have the largest convention center on the West Coast, a stadium, an arena, and a major theme park resort. Hardly hallmarks of a small town, yet this idiotic conversation continues on NextDoor. 

Showtalk
Staff

May-1

That isn’t right.  I don’t see that on my site, but they like to fight about other things.