Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A question...   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started May-7 by Jeri (azpaints); 1398 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

May-7

Drop down didn't give me the All option.

Here's the question(s), generic to all, not just you.

Have you been tested?

Is it your understanding the test is free for all, no charge to insurance?

if you went for a test and the testing company tried to charge for it, would you pay?  Argue with them?  Report them to the authorities?

DH and son went for testing.  They were told the cost was $250.00 each.  DS itends to be forceful and argued with them, DH just wanted to leave.  DS said,I tell you what, test my dad, we'll pay the fee and tomorrow I will make 3 phone calls.  One to the AGs office, one to my friend Xxx the local newscaster and the third to Medicare since they Do say the test is free.  The receipt will be sent to all of them.   Both got free testing.  Grrrr.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

May-7

I think you have to write in ALL if you don’t get the option. I didn’t either.

No, we have not tried to get testing, so I don’t know.  They are supposed to be free..

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-7

No, I don't want a test.  I don't test for the flu every year, or never have, so I don't want this test either.  Especially when, at first anyway, all the test kits were from China.  And every one was tainted.

If you are healthy, eating as much good stuff as you can, and supplementing with good organic vitamins, and getting 30 minutes of sun, then you really don't have a lot to be worried about.  DO NOT take any of the vitamins at your local drug store.  All of the vitamins are made in China and bottled in America.

Just a side note, and as of right now, it is slowly leaking.  People that know about this also know that they risk their lives leaking this.  However, they all know and so does Dr. Fauci, that this particular strain of Coronavirus, like any virus, the sun destroys it.  Bill Gates' foundation is in Africa working on a strain that is heat resistant.  I'm not asking anyone to believe that, do your own research.  Waiting for your government to save you, you may be waiting for a long time, if you live that long.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-7

Dee, I am sorry, but you are too much of a conspiracy theorist for me to enjoy chatting with you.

I won't be tested unless one of my family members tests positive, as Inam only exposed thru them.

I absolutely do no believe the Bill Gates conspiracy.  Have a good day and a great life.  

Showtalk
Staff

May-7

I don’t see a point in anyone who is healthy getting tested.  It seems like if they have symptoms, that would be the time to test.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-7

But the researchers are saying some people can be infected and spread the virus with no symptoms at all for several days.  That is one of the dangers of the disease.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200402-sitrep-73-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=5ae25bc7_2#:~:text=An%20asymptomatic%20laboratory%2Dconfirmed,more%20information%20becomes%20available.

Showtalk
Staff

May-7

Yes, they can and we can’t control for everything. Medicine is never a 100% foolproof solution.  Doctors do the best they can but this has been horribly mishandled from the start. First, we did not have the right information available. Then a few doctors took charge and made political decisions for all of us and politicians followed through.  What they should have done is given everyone all the information and let them make decisions for themselves. The problem now is that no one trusts them anymore.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-7

I agree on the mishandling.  I was questioning the statement that "healthy people don't need to be tested" in view of the  fact that healthy people can spread the disease.

My DH is 'essential' and has continued to work.  He was angry and shocked to learn that he did have symptoms last night when he went for testing.   He seriously is angry with me for forcing the test because he realized that if his test is positive he will be forced by his employer and my family to isolate against his will.  That all his coworkers will know.  That his life will change drastically.  I don't think he is positive, I certainly hope not.  But he will blame me because my son and I pushed his test.   Another area where stay at home will seriously affect my life and I still think it is the right thing to do.   Just as I never wanted to be responsible for an accident that killed anyone or any critter, I don't want my family to be responsible for infecting anyone with this.  

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-7

Of course you don't believe. :)  But it is the truth.

You believe that out of millions of doctors, nurses, scientists, microbiologists, archaeologists, engineers, teachers, and any other profession, that the handful you see on mainstream media, they are the only ones that understand the problem, reaction, solution, and they are the only ones that speak the truth.  They are the only experts on this planet.  And they definitely wouldn't lie to you because they are on mainstream media, correct.  And, if you don't see them on CNN, MSNBC (MS = MicroSoft), History Channel, Inside Edition, or whatever, then they are conspiracy theorists.  And because you believe this you are unwilling to listen to anything THEY might have to say, even if they have proof and documentation.  There is no need for anyone to critically think if they allow mainstream media to tell them what to think.  

People cannot think for themselves, if they are unwilling to listen to other experts, with the same degrees these tv personalities have, and some more and higher.  People have to have both sides of the story to be able to think for themselves.  Mainstream media will not give that to you.

However, that is ok.  You have the right to believe whatever you choose. :)  As I do.

Btw... Don't you think conspiracy theorist is a little outdated.  Mainstream doesn't use it much anymore.  When they don't want anyone to argue with their narrative, they use the R word now. ;)

Showtalk
Staff

May-7

Symptoms can also mean something else.  That is why testing is important, but It also gives people a false sense of security if they get a negative test, but still have it and are not yet showing symptoms.

If he has it, why wouldn’t he want to stay home? Isn’t that the point of testing?  If he has it chances are highest he got it from someone else at works since you aren’t out anywhere getting exposed.